Minutes Telecon 2014-07-09
- Bert informed the group that he has begun the wiki for the next F2F and encouraged people to add their names if they know they’ll be attending.
- There was general support for TabAtkins’s proposal to expose some color parsing and he’ll add it to Color 4.
- It was agreed that the issue raised by gregwhitworth regarding the sixing of controls was a bug in implementations, not an issue with the Sizing spec.
- fantasai updated the group on her status with Ruby and will wait on feedback from Kawabata and more conversations with Boris.
- fantasai outlined her current proposal for simplifying grid layout error handling. There was general approval from the group and she will seek a resolution next week after Rossen has had time to review the proposal in more detail.
- At Rossen’s request, fantasai also gave an update on Flexbox and said she was close to a complete Disposition of Comments with only a few complex issues that still need to be solved.
- In conversation about justification issues in Korean vs. Japanese documents, the group felt that authors should be encouraged to language-tag their work to help avoid problems with the behavior of auto. However, since many documents aren’t language tagged, everyone also felt a solution did need to be developed. Suggestions included:
- Re-instituting the inter-character property
- Accepting that using auto limits some features and thus encouraging language-tagging
- Creating a way to auto-detect the dominant script
- The discussion will head back to the mailing list for further feedback and hopefully a good compromise on default behavior.
- Everyone agreed that the current behavior of
display: none and
visibility: hidden is correct and should be written into a spec. SimonSapin will come up with proposed text for an errata to CSS2.1 that the group can ratify.
« Previous article
Next article »