Minutes Telecon 2014-03-12
- Resolved: Take Shapes to CR.
- Resolved: Update Namespaces spec.
- Resolved: Rename measure and extent in Writing Modes to
block-something with “something” TBD ASAP.
- SimonSapin will lead the conversation on the mailing list to decide what word will replace “something”.
- Resolved: Publish a new WD of Lists.
- TabAtkins brought his proposal to the group to resolve the discrepancy between using combinators and using pseudo classes in Shadow DOM by creating redundancy. There was a lot of disagreement about the value of building redundancy and about the need to keep to the time-table requested by Google. There was lack of consensus from the working group about a final solution and therefore none of TabAtkins’ proposals were resolved upon.
- The group responded favorably to the proposal of having a pseudo-class to track user changes, but wished to gather more information about use cases. TabAtkins will head up gathering use cases.
- Some issues with last week’s resolution were discussed to further clarify/refine the restrictions on
custom-ident. A desire was raised to have a global list of restricted values as well as a desire to ensure that the solution minimize opportunity for confusion for authors or spec writers.
« Previous article
Next article »