Minutes Telecon 2014-02-12
- plh reported that we’re on track for the charter extension.
- Resolved: Publish a new working draft of Regions
- There was heated debate on the validity of the poll to determine naming syntax for Selectors as the text of the poll was changed after about 130 responses to address concerns that people were responding to the presence of ! instead of the larger issue. No decision was reached as to if the poll can be used being mindful of the change in wording or if a new poll needs to be created.
- Naming a combinator in Shadow DOM for ident was discussed with suggestions including
`ident`. The group leaned toward
/ident/. It was the group’s opinion that this should stay in Shadow DOM and not move into Selectors for now.
- The group discussed the implications of Xidorn’s issue of return value for an empty string in Counter Styles API. Initial feelings were toward having it return initial value. TabAtkins then tested the implementation in Firefox and Chrome later in the call and said they were returning empty. The discussion will continue after more people can run tests.
- dbaron will write a proposal for exact details on what counts as
::first-letter referencing unicode.
- TabAtkins indicated he’s still working on the issues raised by SimonSapin about Grid.
- The group agreed that the test questioned by Gérard for Transforms was incorrect because it assumes fragments apply where they currently don’t.
- Everyone agreed with tantek’s proposal for CSS UI.
« Previous article
Next article »