CSS WG Blog
Minutes Paris F2F Sep. 2013 Part I- Grid L…
Minutes Paris F2F Sep. 2013 Part I- Grid Layout, Style Attributes, Spec Preprocessor, CSSOM, Image Values, Multi Column Layout, Shapes & Regions, Transforms
- Resolved: Formally accept renaming
- Resolved: Grid child static position is resolved as if it’s the sole child. The definition will also be copied over to Flexbox.
- Resolved: Add more examples to the absolute position grid items section.
- Resolved: Named areas create implicitly named lines.
- Resolved: Make named areas just desugar into named lines.
- Resolved: Leave subgrids in level 1, mark it and its component parts individually as at-risk.
getComputedStyle returns used values for
- Resolved: Don’t change
- Resolved: Take Style Attribute to Proposed Recommendation, with explanation of
xml:base interaction test failure as an
Tab presented his new spec preprocessor, Bikeshed.
setProperty‘s handling of importance logically behaves same as appending a declaration (like IE/WebKit).
- Resolved: Add a
setPropertyPriority application programming interfaces.
CSS Image Values
- Resolved: When transitioning from plain image A to
foo(A), infer the
foo() on the other side (using no-op arguments).
- Resolved: Mark as open issue whether interpolating complex images with the same source (e.g.
bar(A)) uses recursive interpolation (building a stack of compatible functions, e.g.
foo(bar(A))) or just uses
- Resolved: Accept proposal to shift misordered gradient stop fixup rules to after missing position interpolation and transition interpolation in order to make transitions layout-independent.
- Resolved: No magic length interpolation for angle transitions in
- Resolved: Cannot interpolate to/from gradients with keyword direction unless using the same keyword.
- Resolved: Discussed layering order of column rules.
- Resolved: Columns do not clip anything. (As if
::column just had
overflow:visible by default).
- Resolved: Remove the restriction about overflow columns only being in continuous media with the statement that
column-fill has no effect on overflow columns.
- Resolved: Have two keywords for balancing –
balance and either
balance-all, depending on what implementations (including Prince and Antenna House) do by default.
- Resolved: To balance columns, you just make the row as short as possible (honoring breaking controls, sizes, etc.), then flow normally into that height. No explicit “balancing” occurs (but it’s a common effect).
- Resolved: Håkon to create a public, editable, full list of issues with source, response and resolution. The format is up to him.
Shapes and Regions
- Mihai Balan to become test owner for Regions.
- Resolved: Conditional agreement on taking Shapes to Last Call. The final yay/nay will be at the telcon in two weeks.
Spec Discussed: Regions Shapes
Discussed possible syntaxes additions for making transform lists easier to interpolate. One idea discussed was using commas to group transforms. This had a number of disadvantages, one of which is incompatibility with SVG syntax. Another idea was introducing a null transform, which would be compatible with all transforms and to use as a placeholder in a list. No conclusions and no changes to this level.
There was also a brief diversion into the idea of editing only one segment of a list-valued property.
« Previous article
Next article »