CSS WG Blog
Minutes Paris F2F Sept. 2013 Part II: Font…
Minutes Paris F2F Sept. 2013 Part II: Font Load Events, TPAC & F2F Schedule, Masking, Naming of DOMPoint Quad and Matrix, Sticky Position, Text-Combing Naming, GCPM, Writing Modes, Compositing Spec
Font Load Events
- Discussed possible new spec for font load events, including improvements on the explanatory text and security concerns about
FontFace interface issues were also discussed. TabAtkins requested that others review the spec to allow for implementation to occur.
TPAC and F2F Scheduling
- Still looking for a space for a Sunday meeting at Shenzhen in November.
- Tentative resolution for Jan 27-31, joint meeting with SVG, in Seattle, hosted by Adobe.
- Investigating Asian locations for week of May 12-16.
- Sophia some time in September.
- Resolved: The
mask-image property only takes one layer.
- Resolved: Combine CSS Images and CSS Mask references in the SVG mask references.
- Resolved: Default value for
- Resolved: Add keyword
- Resolved: Default for
- Resolved: Default for
Naming of DOMPoint, Quad, and Matrix
- Resolved: Provisionally go for DOM prefix.
- The group agreed that
Sticky would add good functionality.
- Rossen will add text about
Sticky to the Position module.
- Resolved: add Rossen as editor to Position module.
- Options for
Text-Combine name was discussed, but no solution was decided.
- Ideas floated include
- Resolved: Publish sections 1-5, 7, and 13 of GCPM ED as a new working draft.
- Resolved: Move section 6 to CSS3 Page; section 8 to CSS Color; section 9 to CSS3 Page; sections 10, 11, 14 to Overflow; section 12 to Page Floats (new spec); section 14 to Overflow (for now, Pseudo-Elements when we write it); section 15 removed; sections 16 and 17 to Page Floats.
Specs Referenced: GCPM, Page Floats, CSS3 Page, CSS Color, and Overflow
CSS Writing Modes
- Various options were discussed to address the inheritance of
text-combine-horizontal. The group came to three options, but decided to continue the conversation later to decide between those choices.
- Koji will update the spec to UTR50
- Rossen check if it’s ok to drop support for
text-combine-horizontal: digits 1
Issue 2 in Compositing Spec
- Resolved: Close issue #2
- Resolved: Everyone review Compositing/Blending, we’ll take up the question of Last Call publication at next telcon.
« Previous article
Next article »