Minutes Tucson F2F: Multi-col, Sizing, Fragmentation
- Blocked on testcases and a couple spec issues.
- Resolved: Column rules are painted in the inline content layer, but below all inline content inside the multicol. [But see follow-up.]
- Remove lines 3-10 of pseudo-algorithm in multicol
- Remove concept of available width and have pseudo-algorithm depend on used width (whose calculation is defined elsewhere by container layout modules)
- State that intrinsic sizes of multi-col elements is undefined in this level.
- Add note pointing to where they will be defined (Sizing).
Full minutes: Part I, Part II
Discussed conflicting definitions of intrinsic sizing in CSS3 Box and CSS3 Sizing. There are two conflicting principles:
- interop/deterministic layout
- allowing as high fidelity layout as possible
Bert and fantasai will incorporate appropriate text in CSS3 Sizing, defining the baseline and ideal layouts and discussing the principles outlined above.
Fragmentation of Rotated Boxes
- Discussed various options for fragmenting transformed boxes.
- Resolved: Transformation is applied independently to each fragment. Because nothing really gives you the expected results, and this is the simplest to define and implement.
- Authors should beware of combining transforms and printing. It’s unlikely to work well for anything more noticeable than subtle.
« Previous article
Next article »