Minutes and Resolutions Paris F2F 2012: Regions and Exclusions
- There was a long argument on the design scope and usefulness of the spec, whether it’s a good idea to progress the spec without a having templates or pseudo-elements or some other mechanism that does not require the insertion and scripted manipulation of empty <div>s in order to benefit from it.
- Discussed drafting page templates spec for next F2F.
- Resolved: Bug 15159 for adding use cases to Regions spec is closed.
- Reviewed various other issues in the Regions draft.
Full minutes: Part I (Monday), Part II (Tuesday)
- Discussion of deriving shapes from images and other rendered content.
- Concluded to use first frame of animated images.
- Discussion of layout dependencies between exclusions and other layout models, and problems of mutual constraint resolution
« Previous article
Next article »