Minutes and Resolutions Kyoto F2F Fri: Transitions, IVS, CSS3 Text, Floats and Exclusions, Regions, Pagination
- Tab presented a proposal for dealing with shortcomings in the Transitions
spec. < insert url here when Tab gets around to posting it >
- Resolved: Send comment to Unicode on behalf of CSSWG requesting stronger requirements for sharing IVSes across IVD collections, and the creation of a mapping table among existing duplicate IVSes (and any matching CJK compatiblity ideographs). (See UTS#37.)
- Resolved: Font fallback goes all the way to system fallback with the IVS before repeating with base. We will add a property to switch between that and font-consistency-priority matching.
- Discussed Håkon’s list of issues.
- Resolved: Change
bikeshedding (previously known as
white-space-collapse is taken by XSL.
- Resolved: Mark ‘line-break: loose’ at-risk
- Suggested to pull out codepoint lists from ‘line-break’ rules into an appendix and make it clearer that
line-break doesn’t affect non-CJK codepoints except when the text is tagged as Chinese or Japanese.
text-spacing property and
text-justify property, assigned many edits to the editors.
- Discussed ‘text-transform’ property, assigned many edits to the editors.
- Resolved: Drop ‘hyphens: all’ and switch properties currently marked optional to at-risk.
- Discussed whether to rename
overflow-wrap. The name
overflow-wrap is a much better description of what it does, but
word-wrap is already implemented across browsers (unprefixed). This remains an open issue pending feedback from WebKit and Opera.
- Resolved: Drop
text-outline since the new spread argument to
text-shadow can handle it.
Other: Charter, Floats, Regions
- Resolved: List CSS 2.0 as maintenance in charter, asterisk saying to be obsoleted asap.
- Resolved: Make CSS3 Floats module to bring together proposals for floats and exclusions.
- Discussed pagination and forced breaks across pages, regions, columns.
« Previous article
Next article »