New CSS3 Publications: Backgrounds and Borders CR, Text WD, Image Values and Replaced Content WD
The CSSWG has published several new drafts this week:
- CSS Backgrounds and Borders Level 3 Candidate Recommendation
- This is the second Candidate Recommendation of CSS Backgrounds and Borders Level 3, and should be quite stable going forward. Changes since the last CR are listed. There are already implementations of various features out in the wild; the CSSWG welcomes any help creating a test suite.
- CSS Text level 3 Working Draft
- This module covers typesetting features and expands to handle various international requirements. With the addition of the hyphenation properties pulled from CSS3 GCPM, this draft is now solidly in the refining stage. Feedback is welcomed, especially from the Southeast Asian, South Asian, and Arabic script communities, from whom feedback has been noticeably lacking thus far.
- CSS Image Values and Replaced Content Working Draft
- This long-overdue update to the /TR page includes CSS gradients, and has also pulled in the various replaced-element manipulating properties from CSS3 GCPM and CSS3 Paged Media. Feedback is welcome on all aspects, but particularly on the gradients syntax.
Please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org with [css3-background], [css3-text], or [css3-images] (as appropriate) and your comment topic in the subject line. Thanks!
« Previous article
Next article »