CSS2.1 Testing Roadmap / Minutes and Resolutions 2009-09-23
- Resolved: New (more realistic) deadline for test submission for CSS2.1 is 15 Jan 2010. After this deadline submitted tests will be accepted for interop testing, but not for the CR->PR test reports.
- Resolved: After 15 Jan 2010, each vendor must run all submitted tests in the test suite and report back on any problems with the tests. The deadline for the first iteration of this is 15 February 2010. The deadline for the second iteration is 15 March 2010. After this audit step we will start building implementation reports.
- We will encourage and track individual human reviews of tests, and these tests will have a higher confidence rating. However, once a contributor has demonstrated a consistent level of competence, that contributor’s test submissions will be included in the above process even without individual test review.
- Goal is to have a preliminary test coverage report by TPAC so that we can identify and plug holes in our test coverage.
- Arron and fantasai have organized the test suite repository. Expect to check in all submitted tests within the next week or two.
- Repository currently has ~8000 tests; final estimate ~10,000 tests. dbaron points out that many of the tests from MSFT are too divided and should be merged.
- Test suite build and indexing scripts need some work to handle directory restructuring. (An HP contractor worked on this last year. Current code, along with a junk test collection for testing, is in svn. This will build a test coverage report once set up correctly.)
- We’ll need the new browser test harness to be set up for production use after Jan 15th. Unknown what is required for this; HP leveraged MWI harness to build a prototype, but the system is currently unowned. (Design docs, prototype, and current (PHP) code linked from the wiki.)
- Resolved: Keep image-fit and image-position property names, explain rationale to SVG.
« Previous article
Next article »