Minutes and Resolutions August F2F: CSS3 Etc.
Filed ISSUE-61 against CSS3 Fonts spec
John Daggett presented an overview of CSS3 Fonts including a discussion of:
- interpretation of mixed nested ‘bolder’ and ‘lighter’ keywords
- history of font formats used on the Web
- extending font-variant
- security issues with downloadable fonts
- Discussed structure of GCPM and its relationshp to other drafts.
border-length feature, alternative syntaxes, and moving it to Backgrounds and Borders
text-replacement proposal. Several members strongly feel it does not belong in CSS but rather as part of a transformation language that uses CSS syntax.
bookmark feature. Several members are skeptical that this belongs in CSS as it’s conveying semantic, not stylistic, information.
- Discussed extensions to
- Resolved: Split out veritcal text feature into its own draft. Microsoft plans to work on this spec as they already have an implementation.
- Discussed terminology for describing vertical text layout model.
- Resolved: Rename
- Resolved: Use terms “logical width” and “logical height” to refer to the inline dimension and block flow dimension of a box respectively.
- Resolved: Use terms “vertical text mode” and ‘horizontal text mode” to differentiate horizontal and vertical block flows.
- Resolved: No keywords in calc() for
- Resolved: Accept 4-value syntax for
background-position in editor’s draft: 4 values that require two keywords, allow zero values to be skipped.
- Resolved: Proposal to add
transparent keyword to
border-image rejected. (ISSUE-28)
- Resolved: No change to names of
- Resolved: Publish new Working Draft of CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders, take this set of functionality to CR.
- Daniel presented some changes to the CSS Variables proposal and Hyatt’s experimental implementation in WebKit.
- Several people felt that parse-time macros would be preferable, and would indeed be required for handling multi-declaration substitution.
- Mentioned styling of video controls, skipped topic for lack of proposal or implementor interest.
- Very long discussion of
<br> and how it behaves in the CSS formatting model.
- href=”http://csswg.inkedblade.net/test/harness”>browseable test harness
- Discussed (briefly) Template Layout module
- Reviewed charter with Philippe Le Hégaret
- Day 1
- “CSS 2.1 Issue 52 and Definition of BR”, “Definition of BR (continued)”, “Test Harness”
- Day 2
“GCPM: Text Replacement”,
“Extensions to the float property”,
“Vertical text and CSS3 Text Layout”,
“Vertical Layout Terminology”,
“CSS3 Fonts: Extending font-variant”
- Day 2
“Agenda” (video controls),
“CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders”,
« Previous article
Next article »