Resolved: that comma-delimited and space-delimited syntax for
rect() may not be combined, see CSS2.1 Issue 28.
We discussed several media queries issues, including:
- syntax, where there seemed to be agreement to use CSS syntax minus escapes
- It was pointed out that media queries even in HTML are not always used in conjunction iwth CSS or by a UA with a CSS parser.
- It was pointed out that CSS has robust forward-compatible parsing rules that are useful to keep (e.g. matching brackets and handling quoted strings)
- It was pointed out that the same rules will need to apply to Selectors
- No one seemed to care whether comments were kept or not
calc(), where there was agreement that it shouldn’t be in media queries and several ideas were floated on how to do this:
- explicitly list which length units are allowed in media queries (awkward, hard to update)
- exclude media queries in the clac() definition in css3-values
- say in Media Queries that only simple lengths are allowed, not expressions
- Some other issues (but not all) are recorded on the wiki
« Previous article
Next article »