SVG Accessibility Task Force (SVG A11Y TF)
of the ARIA WG and the SVG WG
No announcements at the moment.
Meetings and Communication
The SVG A11Y TF conducts its work using a variety of synchronous and asynchronous tools, including:
- Teleconferences of the Working Group and its task forces;
- Face to face meetings;
- Email lists;
- IRC discussion on the #svg-a11y IRCchannel, used largely for minute-taking;
- ARIA source repository;
- Web-Based Surveys (WBS);
- SVG A11Y TF Issue Tracker;
- ARIA source repository issue tracker.
These tools are used by participants of the Task Force. For ways non-participants can contribute, see how to contribute to the Working Group and file comments.
The SVG A11Y TF uses the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list (mailing list archives) for email discussion. Participants are automatically added to the mailing list when they become a participant of the Task Force.
The Task Force is developing the following publications:
- WAI-ARIA Graphics Module to define core roles specific to web graphics;
- Graphics Accessibility API Mappings to define how user agents map the WAI-ARIA Graphics Module markup to platform accessibility APIs;
- SVG Accessibility API Mappings to define how user agents map Scalable Vector Graphics markup to platform accessibility APIs.
See also the ARIA GitHub repository (soon to be moved to a separate repository).
How to Comment, Contribute, and Participate
To join the SVG A11Y TF, individuals must be participants of eitehr the ARIA WG or the SVG WG. Participants are expected to actively contribute to the work of the Task Force. If you are interested in participating in the SVG A11Y TF, please send e-mail to: Rich Schwerdfeger and include a little bit about what you’re interested in and how you think that you may be able to contribute to the Task Force. Then follow the ARIA Working Group participation procedures to join the Working Group, and once you have joined ask Michael Cooper or Doug Schepers to add you to the task force.
To contribute without joining the task force, see the ARIA Working Group contribute page for general instructions. To contribute to documents under development, see how to contribute to the source repository directly.
The SVG Accessibility Task Force (SVG A11Y TF) is a joint Task Force of the Accessible Rich Internet Architectures (ARIA) Working Group and the SVG Working Group. It assists these Working Groups to produce techniques, understanding, and guidance documents, as well as updates to existing related W3C material that addresses the cognitive space.
Facilitator and Contacts
- Facilitators: Rich Schwerdtfeger, Fred Esch
- SVG WG Staff Contact: Doug Schepers
- ARIA WG Staff Contact: Michael Cooper
The SVG Accessibility Task Force Work Statement defines the initial objective, scope, approach, and participation of the Task Force.