- EOWG Home Page
16 july - 17
july - 18
Education and Outreach Working Group Meeting
Wednesday, 16 July 2003, Palo Alto, California, USA
This meeting of the Education and Outreach Working Group (EOWG) is part
of a three-day series of Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) meetings being
hosted by Hewlett-Packard (HP) with additional
support from Wells Fargo on the
16th-18th of July 2003. We will spend the meeting working on several different
WAI resource documents -- see agenda, below.
Participants in this EOWG meeting on 16th July are also encouraged to
attend the Best
Practices Training Exchange on 17 July and the Web Accessibility Training and Exchange
on 18 July.
Participation in the EOWG on 16 July is open to participants of W3C/WAI's
Education and Outreach Working Group
(EOWG), and to individuals interested in participating in the EOWG. People
who are interested in attending the 16 July meeting, and who are not
already participants of EOWG, should read the EOWG Charter and how to join page, and send
the requested information before registering for the meeting.
is required by 9 July 2003 for everyone attending the 16 July 2003 EOWG
(Separate pre-registration is required for the Best Practices
Training Exchange on 17 July and Introduction
to Web Accessibility and Evaluation on 18 July.)
The following is a proposed agenda for discussion and review. Comments
to the EOWG mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org) welcome.
Wednesday 16 July 2003
- 8:30 Introductions, agenda review, logistics, etc.
- 9:00 Web Accessibility Training Resource Suite
- review of recently updates
- brainstorming ways to increase effectiveness & utilization
- 10:30 Break
- 10:45 User Centered Design of WAI Site
- follow-up discussion from previous
- 12:00 Lunch
- 1:00 "Building the Case for Web Accessibility" Resource Suite
- 3:00 Break
- 3:15 WAI Gallery; or updates of "Getting Started" and "WAI Resources"
- 4:45 Agenda review for tomorrow
- 5:00 Meeting close
Preliminary reading list:
[El Camino near Page Mill Road]
3400 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94306
Reservation: 800 492-7335
A discount room rate of $135 is available under "W3C-HP".
Palo Alto, Ca
3215 Porter Drive
M.I.T. conference room
About Palo Alto:
From San Jose Airport via Highway 101 to the meeting site:
- Follow the signs to highway 101 north. In Palo Alto ( approximately
15 miles ) take the Oregon Expressway/Embarcadero exit, then choose the Oregon
- Follow Oregon Expressway about 2 miles to El Camino Real (the first
stop light after the underpass). At this intersection Oregon Expressway changes
its name to Page Mill Road.
- Continue on Page Mill Road for about 1 more mile. You will pass the
Hewlett-Packard corporate buildings on the corner of Hanover Street, on your
- At Peter Coutts Road, turn left. You may park anywhere; the Lobby
and Visitor parking are the third driveway on the left.
B. From San Francisco Airport via Highway 101 to the meeting site:
- Follow the signs to highway 101 south. In Palo Alto ( approximately
30 miles ) take the Oregon Expressway/Embarcadero exit, then choose the Oregon
Expressway exit two more times.
- Follow the directions in item A, 2 through 4, above.
C. From San Francisco Airport via Highway 280 to the meeting site:
- Follow the signs for highway 380 ( #380 originates at the airport;
you can only go west from there).
- At the intersection of highways 380 and 280(approximately 2 miles),
choose 280 south.
- In Palo Alto(approximately 30 miles)choose the Page Mill Road exit;
turn left (east) at the end of the exit ramp.
- Continue on Page Mill Road about 2 miles, crossing Foothill Expressway.
- At Peter Coutts Road (second stoplight after Foothill Expressway),
turn right. You may park anywhere; the Lobby and Visitor parking are the third
driveway on the left.
Minutes are available online
Last updated $Date: 2003/07/31 21:54:49 $ by Shawn Henry (shawn @w3.org)
© 1994 - 2003 W3C® (MIT, ERCIM, Keio), All Rights Reserved. W3C liability,
use and software
licensing rules apply. Your interactions with this site are in accordance
with our public