ISSUE-394: decimal-format reference CLDR?

decimal-format reference CLDR?

State:
CLOSED
Product:
xslt-30
Raised by:
Addison Phillips
Opened on:
2014-11-26
Description:
THREAD: https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27615


===========================
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt-30/#defining-decimal-format

decimal-format seems to mirror much of what CLDR provides in terms of base data for formatting numbers in XSL-FO. Would it be useful to provide an informative reference to CLDR as a source for filling in this structure?

Thinking out loud, would it be useful to allow direct reference to a language/locale in this structure as a shorthand for using implementation-specific locale data (often based on CLDR).
Related Actions Items:
No related actions
Related emails:
  1. [Bug 27615] [XSLT30] Should decimal-format reference CLDR? [I18N-ISSUE-394] (from bugzilla@jessica.w3.org on 2015-10-29)
  2. [minutes] Internationalization WG telecon 2015-03-12 (from ishida@w3.org on 2015-03-19)
  3. [Bug 27615] [XSLT30] Should decimal-format reference CLDR? [I18N-ISSUE-394] (from bugzilla@jessica.w3.org on 2015-02-26)
  4. I18N-ACTION-410: Write back to qt asking for issue-394 to be "noted" (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2015-02-26)
  5. Re: [XSLT30] Bug 27615: any likely future action? [I18N-ACTION-403][I18N-ISSUE-394] (from mike@saxonica.com on 2015-02-24)
  6. RE: [XSLT30] Bug 27615: any likely future action? [I18N-ACTION-403][I18N-ISSUE-394] (from addison@lab126.com on 2015-02-24)
  7. Re: [XSLT30] Bug 27615: any likely future action? [I18N-ACTION-403][I18N-ISSUE-394] (from mike@saxonica.com on 2015-02-23)
  8. [XSLT30] Bug 27615: any likely future action? [I18N-ACTION-403][I18N-ISSUE-394] (from addison@lab126.com on 2015-02-23)
  9. [minutes] Internationalization telecon 2014-12-11 (from ishida@w3.org on 2014-12-11)
  10. I18N-ISSUE-394: decimal-format reference CLDR? [xslt-30] (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2014-11-26)

Related notes:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27615

Addison Phillips, 15 Dec 2014, 22:24:49

https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/51

Richard Ishida, 17 Mar 2016, 13:25:20

Display change log ATOM feed


Addison Phillips <addison@amazon.com>, Chair, Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>, Fuqiao Xue <xfq@w3.org>, Atsushi Shimono <atsushi@w3.org>, Staff Contacts
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.326 2018/10/13 17:29:51 vivien Exp $