ISSUE-196: Constraining encoding to UTF-8
UTF-8 Encoding Constraint
Constraining encoding to UTF-8
- TTML Simple Delivery Profile for Closed Captions (US)
- Raised by:
- Pierre-Anthony Lemieux
- Opened on:
- In order to simply implementation and facilitate interoperability, SDP-US document encoding could be constrained to UTF-8 (<?xml encoding='UTF-8'?>) when a concrete representation is created.
This approach has been taken by other XML-based standards, including CFF-TT.
- Related Actions Items:
ACTION-131 on Glenn Adams to Add 2 new requirements - mandate XML and character encoding of UTF-8. - due 2012-11-22, closed
- Related emails:
- ISSUE-197: charset/encoding unconstrained [DFXP 1.0] (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2012-11-29)
- RE: TTML Agenda for 28/11/12 (from email@example.com on 2012-11-29)
- TTML Agenda for 28/11/12 (from Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com on 2012-11-29)
- TTWG Meeting Minutes Nov 15, 2012 (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2012-11-15)
- ISSUE-196 (UTF-8 Encoding Constraint): Constraining encoding to UTF-8 [Simple Delivery Profile for Closed Captions] (from email@example.com on 2012-11-15)
TTWG Nov 15: http://www.w3.org/2012/11/15-tt-minutes.html
Resolved to add 2 requirements to mandate use of XML 1.0 and character encoding of UTF-8.
TTWG Nov 29 approved editor updates: http://www.w3.org/2012/11/29-tt-minutes.htmlMonica Martin, 2 Dec 2012, 23:10:18
Display change log