ISSUE-187: R0006 is overly constraining as drafted
R0006 is overly constraining as drafted
- TTML Simple Delivery Profile for Closed Captions (US)
- Raised by:
- Glenn Adams
- Opened on:
- R0006 says "A document must have all elements are in order of time. That is, in a par context, an element must not lexically precede another element with an earlier start time."
Clearly this is wrong, as there are elements that are not timed that may precede a timed element. For example, a <tt:meta/> or a <tt:set/> may lexically precede another element.
One solution is to substitute "timed element" for "element" in R0006, with a note that defines a "timed element".
- Related Actions Items:
ACTION-112 on Glenn Adams to Update R0006 based on discussion in Issue-187 on Oct 4 - due 2012-10-11, closed
- Related emails:
- TTML Agenda for 11/10/12 (from Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com on 2012-10-11)
- RE: ISSUE-187: R0006 is overly constraining as drafted [Simple Delivery Profile for Closed Captions] (from email@example.com on 2012-10-02)
- ISSUE-187: R0006 is overly constraining as drafted [Simple Delivery Profile for Closed Captions] (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2012-09-25)
4 Oct 2012, 17:46:06
18 Oct 2012, 07:15:49
Display change log