ISSUE-150: TTML XSD vallidation and extension problem
TTML XSD vallidation and extension problem
- TTML 1.0
- Raised by:
- Philippe Le Hégaret
- Opened on:
- TTML allows any foreign namespace attribute on the elements, such as
However, the schema is constructed to reject all such attributes.
For example, the following XML would be rejected, even though it is clearly permitted by the Recommendation:
<p cff:forcedDisplayMode=â€trueâ€>translated from Klingon</p>
As a result, those working on derived schemas from TTML that add attributes to the existing elements are forced to do unusual things in their schemas to work around this and/or create schemas from scratch. And such instance documents cannot be validated against TTML since they are (wrongly) rejected.
The obvious way to correct this would be to add anyAttribute=â€##otherâ€ to the element definitions, however, this would then enable false validations of non-default TT namespace elements (e.g. ttm: ), which is undesirable.
- Related Actions Items:
- No related actions
- Related emails:
- Re: TTML XSD vallidation and extension problem (ISSUE-150) (from email@example.com on 2012-02-10)
- Re: TTML XSD vallidation and extension problem (ISSUE-150) (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2012-02-09)
- [minutes] 20120209 Timed Text Working Group (from email@example.com on 2012-02-09)
- ISSUE-150 (foreign-namespace): TTML XSD vallidation and extension problem [DFXP 1.0] (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2012-01-30)
Raised on 2012-01-30 at
Display change log