ACTION-166: Open issue for 1.1 regarding encodings
Open issue for 1.1 regarding encodings
- Mike Dolan
- Due on:
- June 27, 2013
- Created on:
- June 20, 2013
- Associated Issue:
- Related emails:
- Re: TML Agenda for 06/08/13 (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2013-08-08)
- [Minutes] TTWG telecon 08/08/2013 (from email@example.com on 2013-08-08)
- Re: TML Agenda for 06/08/13 (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2013-08-08)
- TML Agenda for 06/08/13 (from Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com on 2013-08-08)
- [minutes] Timed Text 20130725 (from email@example.com on 2013-07-25)
- TTML Agenda for 25/07/13 (from Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com on 2013-07-25)
- Minutes - 2013-06-20 (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2013-07-11)
- [minutes] Timed Text call June 20, 2013 (from email@example.com on 2013-06-27)
TTML1 SE permits any encoding, but recommends UTF-8 in the new Appendix M. Further, Appendix C requires either UTF-8 or UTF-16 when identifying a document as the media type, "application/ttml+xml".
I believe this issue has been adequately addressed in TTML1 SE and no further action/issue is needed for TTML2.
Display change log.