-Alastair

From: Wilco Fiers <wilco.fiers@deque.com>
Date: Friday, 10 November 2023 at 15:11

Hey Alastair,
I'm happy with this as an advisory technique. I think as a sufficient technique this is confusing. The part of SC37 that made it directly relevant to SC 2.4.3 was test 3 "Check that, once opened, the dialog is next in the tab order.". In the rewrite, that part was replaced with a test that is no longer about the order in which elements are in sequential focus navigation. "When the dialog is opened, check that focus is placed inside it.". I support that change. That is a better way to do this, but it removed the only thing in SC37 that was about the order in which elements appear when a user navigates the page with tab focus.