From: Wilco Fiers <wilco.fiers@deque.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 18, 2023 at 2:48 AM
To: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Cc: Scott O'Hara <scott.ohara@microsoft.com>, WCAG list (w3c-wai-gl@w3.org) <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Pre-CFC - Updating "programmatically determined link context"
Hey Alastair, If the intent is for this not to be an exhaustive list, then some words to indicate that would be very helpful I think. Thank you! On Tue, Oct 17, 2023 at 7: 11 PM Alastair Campbell <acampbell@ nomensa. com> wrote: Hi Wilco,
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender
    Report Suspicious  <https://us-phishalarm-ewt.proofpoint.com/EWT/v1/PjiDSg!12-vrJFzg5LUVenTkEqrZa5e9-PfCSF8LtZiHuKKI_DCy2uK9ougM25xAfd5BxBj5SReP_ESEse6QKzzcKTLvtXDGH2xcPRU5cA9B8UIHcCIoB3z-iByHEdAuA$>   ‌
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
Hey Alastair,
If the intent is for this not to be an exhaustive list, then some words to indicate that would be very helpful I think. Thank you!

On Tue, Oct 17, 2023 at 7:11 PM Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com<mailto:acampbell@nomensa.com>> wrote:
Hi Wilco,

> to me this reads as an attempt to write an exhaustive list of ways that context can be provided

I don’t think that is affected by the proposed change in either direction.

If we did extend the change, the phrasing is a bit awkward but I’d suggest something like:

In HTML, information that is programmatically determinable from a link in English includes [ins](but is not limited to)[/ins] text that is in the same paragraph, list item, or table cell as the link or in a table header cell that is associated with the table cell that contains the link.

However, others might push back on that?

Cheers,

-Alastair