Re: SC 4.1.1 and WCAG 2.0

Alistair wrote

"Where we re-publish a spec (like 2.1 recently) the errata will then appear on the face of the spec, but technically they apply even when that isn’t the case."

I don't think that's quite true.

The W3C Recommendation is the published document. Republishing updates that to incorporate errata. Until then, the errata are a working group note saying what they got wrong. Or perhaps just what some people think is wrong - there's no specific requirement on errata because they have no official standing.

Publishing updates to Recommendations for errata isn't typically a massive amount of work, although it isn't done that often.

cheers

Chaals

--
Charles 'Chaals' Nevile