From: Mike Gifford <mike.gifford@civicactions.com>
Date: Wednesday, August 9, 2023 at 11:16 AM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, Mary Jo Mueller <maryjom@us.ibm.com>, Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] RE: ITI VPATs and upcoming WCAG 2.2
Thanks for asking this question Patrick. Happy to hear that people are already asking for VPATs with WCAG 2. 2 in them. Also, Mary Jo, I’m glad to hear that there’s progress on bringing this into the ITI’s VPAT. I wanted to add that I’ve just
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender
    Report Suspicious  <https://us-phishalarm-ewt.proofpoint.com/EWT/v1/PjiDSg!12-vrJH_qpWRuohVUg_OprN__waal22tdxpMpLG6KssNpwsgLrqb-lzI-9rukOvBGQGMCYBKoRfsamCtcaKrh_YR77ZYf-D85aOgw34dWdI8zOSCVbR5QnG4D6g$>   ‌
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
Thanks for asking this question Patrick. Happy to hear that people are already asking for VPATs with WCAG 2.2 in them.  Also, Mary Jo, I’m glad to hear that there’s progress on bringing this into the ITI’s VPAT.

I wanted to add that I’ve just started the process of including WCAG 2.2 within OpenACR:
https://github.com/gsa/openacr-editor<https://github.com/gsa/openacr-editor>

I’ve just submitted the first PR as part of this process:
https://github.com/CivicActions/openacr/pull/21/files<https://github.com/CivicActions/openacr/pull/21/files>

It probably won’t be included in CivicActions editor or schema until September. It is all open source code, but expect it to take longer to become part of the GSA’s repo.  That said, I know folks there area also eager to keep up with WCAG recommendations.

When we get it up, there will be a standardized, machine-readable accessible conformance report tool which people can use.

Mary Jo, so do you think that in the future that your main landing page will look like this https://www.itic.org/policy/accessibility/vpat<https://www.itic.org/policy/accessibility/vpat> still with links to 4 word documents?

  *   VPAT 2.x Rev 508: Revised Section 508 standards – the U.S. Federal accessibility standard
  *   VPAT 2.x Rev EU: EN 301 549 – the European Union’s “Accessibility requirements suitable for public procurement of ICT products and services in Europe”
  *   VPAT 2.x Rev WCAG: WCAG 2.1/2.2 or ISO/IEC 40500 (equivalent to WCAG 2.0) and WCAG2.1/2/2, W3C/WAI’s recently updated Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
  *   VPAT 2.4 INT: Incorporates all three of the above standards
Probably the easiest way to maintain it going ahead. With a JSON catalog it should be much easier to switch between reporting formats, and just have the information you want to report on.

Mike

Mike Gifford, Senior Strategist, CivicActions
Drupal Core Accessibility Maintainer
https://civicactions.com<https://civicactions.com/>    |  https://accessibility.civicactions.com<https://accessibility.civicactions.com>
http://twitter.com/mgifford<http://twitter.com/mgifford> |  http://linkedin.com/in/mgifford<http://linkedin.com/in/mgifford>