Re: Focus not obscured notes

Trying to keep the language of SC simple is a real challenge. I don't claim
to be good at it, but

I put your proposed text (not what is in the ps) into
https://hemingwayapp.com and it was at a post-grad level.

I brought it down to a grade 10 level by breaking it into two sentences.  I
think this still reflects the intent.

Content opened by the <em>user</em> should not obscure focusable items. The
opened content can obscure focusable items if the user can close it without
moving keyboard focus (for example, by dismissing with Esc).

I tried to get a simpler answer with ChatGPT but wasn't able to come up
with something satisfactory.

I echo Wilco's point. I do think we really should be finding ways to make
WCAG SC easier to understand.

Mike

--

Mike Gifford, Senior Strategist, CivicActions
Drupal Core Accessibility Maintainer