RE: "Accessibility supported" definition

Thanks Roberto,

Actually, the text you highlight below is not the definition of
Accessibility Supported.   It is the rules for Web Content technologies that
are accessibility supported.

However, the definition of Accessibility supported (below) DOES contain
'user agent' so saying " ACCESSIBILITY SUPPORTED user agents" does sound
circular.

We'll have to fix it.

accessibility supported

    supported by users' assistive technologies as well as the accessibility
features in browsers and other user agents

    Note: When a Web Technology is "accessibility supported," it does not
imply that the entire technology must be supported. Most technologies lack
support for at least one feature. When referring to "accessibility support"
for a technology, the support for specific aspects, features, and extensions
should be cited if the technology as a whole is not accessibility supported.
A profile of a technology may be used to give a name to the set of aspects,
features, or extensions of a technology that are "accessibility supported."

Maybe we should make it

accessibility supported

    supported by users' assistive technologies.  When applied to content
technologies it means supported by users' assistive technologies as well as
the accessibility features in browsers and other user agents.

Gregg
Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.