	From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org
[mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Roberto Ellero
	Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 3:02 PM
	To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
	Cc: Alessio Cartocci
	Subject: A Flash player with Smil support to meet GL 1.2, SC
1.2.5

	Hi,
	Alessio Cartocci's Flash Player (pointed out in 2 posts of mine
last January:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007JanMar/0011.html

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007JanMar/0016.html)

	now supports SMIL for multilingual captioning, audiodescription
and Sign language through a secondary synchronized video stream.
	So with this user agent it is possible to meet Level 3 Success
Criteria 1.2.5 for Guideline 1.2.

	See a complete example (with text/audio in English and Italian)
of italian Sign language interpretation through a secondary synchronized
video stream in SMIL 1.0 with Flash Video format, displayed in an
internal draggable viewport:

	http://www.webmultimediale.org/SC_1.2.5/

	The Url in the Object tag calls the SMIL file, which calls two
flv, txt and Mp3 files in the Swf player. Cartocci's Flash player
supports Smil, Sami, DFXP, QuickTime txt e Real rt.

	(The audio tracks are used for a demonstration of the features,
not for audiodescriptive purpose, in this example.)

	The Player is obviously improvable, therefore feedback will be
useful.

	I think that it is a good exemplification and resource for

http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20070220/Overview.html#S
M13
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20070220/Overview.html#
SM13>

	So this sentence here: "Flash does not support SMIL" may be now
modified, as I say in my review of GL 1.2, with other non-editorial
changes. ASAP I'll update the wiki to incorporate the proposed changes.

	Other video examples are linked at the bottom of the Web page.
In a few days there will be a complete tutorial in English in
webmultimediale.org <http://webmultimediale.org/>  Website.

	Best regards,
	Roberto Ellero