Re: Question from XHTML-L: Content in CSS?

> I vote yes and yes.

For the record: I agree.
I've always hated copying an <ol> list and then finding that the numbers
haven't copied over.

Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer
http://infomesh.net/sbp/
"Perhaps, but let's not get bogged down in semantics."
   - Homer J. Simpson, BABF07.

> > On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Kynn Bartlett wrote:
> >
> >   Should we be concerned about the fact that newer versions of XHTML
> >   do not allow the author to capture information in the data model
> >   and instead relegate that to PF?  (To play Al for a bit, it sounds
> >   like this is something WCAG should say 'yes, we're concerned about'
> >   and ask PF to bring up with XHTML WG.)
> >
> >   Should we specifically urge that those functions within CSS which
> >   convey information (such as using ol/CSS to automatically number
> >   sections which might be referred to by that name) not be used?
> >   (Now -there's- a WCAG issue.)  This would be a technology-specific
> >   technique for CSS under WCAG 2.0 plans.
> >
> >   --Kynn
> >

> > --
> > Charles McCathieNevile    mailto:charles@w3.org    phone: +61 (0) 409
134
> 136
> > W3C Web Accessibility Initiative
> http://www.w3.org/WAI
> > Location: I-cubed, 110 Victoria Street, Carlton VIC 3053, Australia
> > until 6 January 2001 at:
> > W3C INRIA, 2004 Route des Lucioles, BP 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis
Cedex,