Re: Question from XHTML-L: Content in CSS?

At 04:11 AM 12/28/2000 , Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>I think this is what we mean by "use a data model to capture the information,
>seperate the information from its presentation (although that is more
>complex than I think we normally say it is), provide a defualt (set of)
>presentations.
>
>(There is another question of whether the information in an ordered list is
>in fact paticlar numbers, or just the order of things, but I will leave that
>for another topic/thread/day)

Should we be concerned about the fact that newer versions of XHTML
do not allow the author to capture information in the data model
and instead relegate that to PF?  (To play Al for a bit, it sounds
like this is something WCAG should say 'yes, we're concerned about'
and ask PF to bring up with XHTML WG.)

Should we specifically urge that those functions within CSS which
convey information (such as using ol/CSS to automatically number
sections which might be referred to by that name) not be used?
(Now -there's- a WCAG issue.)  This would be a technology-specific
technique for CSS under WCAG 2.0 plans.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                    http://kynn.com/