Re: Some stats on browsers in use

Charles,

	Thanks for the reference! Should make an interesting pie graphic ... esp
if I can get percentage of disabled in the total population to apply to the
stats ...

	But the gist of the report seems to indicate that a web designer should
concentrate on the main two browsers, with careful attention to IE's, and
dabble in the others as he/she chose/could test ... Be nice if the browsers
with the low number provided an online version of their browser to be used
by designers to test pages and sites ... (perhaps they do?)

	I've been running the computer lab at less than capacity since September,
and am beginning to combine groups and use the Mac's ... and the ones I
have, each run Netscape 3.0 ... Unlikely to upgrade - the county is
dropping the Macs ... and support comes after the PC's are doing ...
Interesting side note: When I get new technology in the lab, I move the old
stuff into the special ed classrooms... so when more PC's come, or the
numbers drop permanantly (ha!), the Mac's will go to the special ed classes
that are running old III's now! Oh, I checked my Christmas page in Netscape
3 today, and the biggest problem, other than the background not lining up,
was the background music not working ... gotta dig thru my pile of notes
and find the piece of code that patches it ...

	Which brings up a thought on CSS --- does it add background music, and
does it create code that works in all browsers without having to fiddle
with it?

					Anne

At 10:44 AM 12/19/00 -0500, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>Remember, there are lies, damned lies, and statistics (and proxies). But this
>might be a useful way to get a "feel" for what is out there.
>
>Charles
>
>--
>Charles McCathieNevile    mailto:charles@w3.org    phone: +61 (0) 409 134 136
>W3C Web Accessibility Initiative                      http://www.w3.org/WAI
>Location: I-cubed, 110 Victoria Street, Carlton VIC 3053, Australia
>until 6 January 2001 at:
>W3C INRIA, 2004 Route des Lucioles, BP 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex,
France

<Bruce_Bailey@ed.gov>,
>     'Kynn Bartlett' <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
>Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
>Subject: Re: Politics:  Strict Guidelines Considered Harmful
>
>I posted the 'browsers' section of a webtrends report at
>http://seti-search.com/webtrends/SETI.htm which may be of some use in this
>discussion.
>Marti

Anne L. Pemberton