Re: Thoughts on the new Draft of WCAG 2.0

At 02:42 PM 11/23/00 -0000, Sean B. Palmer wrote:
>> > I'm sure Anne will agree on that *as long as* the section about using
>> > graphics etc. for people with cognitive disabilities *remains* in the
>> > text.
>> I'm not sure you are adding anything of substance, Sean. What are you
>> trying to do or prevent?
>
>I'm not adding anything at all! It was/is already there in the guidelines
>(2{2.3}).

Guideline 2 has yet to be re-written per Wendy's note, but 2.3 is
cross-referenced in the re-written 3.2. Why add the wording? Repeating it
here would just make the guidelines overly wordy.

"why do we need to add in presentation for cognitively disabled users ..."

Because they are disabled persons who need the content of the web presented
in their modality! Just as you do. (not you personally, Sean, but you, the
casual user of the guidelines.)

				Anne

Anne L. Pemberton
http://www.pen.k12.va.us/Pav/Academy1