RE: Visual/logical Hebrew, was Re: FW: Irregular fonts and I18N

True true. But our guideline specifically require you to support the older
client software (and these clients are not even old).

a quote from this lovely site that you recommended.

"Backward compatibility: Logically encoded pages will render useless in
browsers that do not support bi-directional text. With certain restrictions
(screen width etc.), visually encoded documents may render reasonably in
both old and new browsers."

But Visual encoded documents can not be read by a screen reader.

You know, even the best BILI browser - IE5 - has "rather annoying bugs
concerning the title element and alternative text to images" in other words,
accessibility is not truly supported.

So to compile with checkpoint 1 and checkpoint  6, you have to do both
visually and a separate logically incoded document.
And that is very hard to do.

Now you are right in that the source of the problem is with the client
software. And that needs to be addressed, but it creates a problem that you
can not keep the WIA in BILI.
And that is our problem.