Re: Summary of action items, resolutions, and open issues from the F2F

In effect this sounds like doing a draft of our techniques document that is
designed for WCAG 2 instead of WCAG 1. THis is a fairly major amount of work,
and I would like to have the checkpoint mapping (from WCAG 1 to WCAG 2) and
some techniques stuff available before we undertake to do this.

Cheers

Charles

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:

  Charles,

  >   ·       Action CMN: Take this requirement to the ATAG WG - provide an
  >   annotated wcag 2.0 with information about facility of implementing
  >   requirements in tools.
  >
  >Does this mean that ATAG should come back with something that says whether
  >we think we can write techniques better based on WCAG 2? (in any case, it is
  >outstanding).

  Gregg requested that the AU WG write up how easy it is to implement WCAG
  checkpoints in authoring tools.  It seems we agreed at the meeting that a
  good way to provide this feedback was for AU WG to go through each
  checkpoint in WCAG 2.0 and give some indication of how easy or hard the
  checkpoint is to implement.

  Thinking about it now, ER could also give useful feedback. Reading through
  AERT is already an annotated WCAG 1.0.  Notice how many techniques say,
  "ask the author to...." that's an indication that we could not figure out
  an automatic way to check or repair something.

  There is not much more clarification in the raw minutes (which I am still
  cleaning up).

  Gregg, do you have any more to add to this?  How do you anticipate the WCAG
  WG will use this information?  This was part of the discussion on
  priorities.  Do you expect that this will affect priorities?

  Thanks,
  --wendy
  --
  wendy a chisholm
  world wide web consortium

September - November 2000:
W3C INRIA, 2004 Route des Lucioles, BP 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France