Re: 2001-09-07#5 - literal problem

Aaron Swartz wrote:

> On Thursday, September 13, 2001, at 12:39  PM, Dan Connolly wrote:
>
> > I can confirm that all the XML Schema simple/scalar datatype
> > values can be represented as (unicode-string, uri) pairs
> > using URIs from the XML Schema datatypes spec.
>
> As this has relevance to other issues, and so that the Working
> Group is not misled, I believe you mean URI-references, not
> URIs. Is that correct?

phpht. cursed RFC2396...

I mean absolute-URIs-with-optional-fragment-identifier-s, yes.

cf.

[[
      For each built-in datatype in this schema (both primitive and
      derived) can be uniquely addressed via a URI constructed
      as follows:
        1) the base URI is the URI of the XML Schema namespace
        2) the fragment identifier is the name of the datatype

      For example, to address the int datatype, the URI is:

        http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#int
]]
 -- http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xmlschema-2-20010502/#schema