W3C

Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

09 Oct 2014

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
courtney, Frans, glenn, nigel, tmichel, pal, jdsmith
Regrets
mdolan
Chair
nigel
Scribe
nigel

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 09 October 2014

<mike> regrets for today. apologies.

<scribe> scribeNick: nigel

This meeting

nigel: I've created a git repo for the TTML <--> WebVTT mappings from Geneva. If folk could either add their own and send a pull request to me or
... just email me the files then I'll put them in. Then I'll send a pull request to the main w3c repo to get them included.

courtney: I'd request that people check their work before submitting.

Santa Clara F2F October (TPAC)

http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/tpac2014

nigel: There's a request to deal with the IMSC 1 comments and the Codecs registry item on the Monday.
... If folk could add their names to the Attendees table on the wiki page that would be very helpful.

IMSC 1 WD Comments

http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/34314/WD-ttml-imsc1-20140930/

nigel: I suggest we discuss offline and then agree responses at TPAC.

pal: I would typically wait until the review period has ended, and work on responses in time for TPAC.

tmichel: Typically the person to whom the comment is assigned should prepare a response, then agree it with the WG, then send to the commenter and get their responses.
... I have some guidance documentation for this tool which I can share.
... I will send this guide out.
... For the procedure, I will track the comments, then add each one. When there are multiple issues raised in a single email I will split them.
... I can then assign to people, or we can just assign them in the weekly meetings. The field "Working Group Notes" is for input.
... Then at the F2F the WG should find a resolution for each proposal. Then the Submit button makes the issue 'ready to send' to the commenter.
... Then we send, and request approval from the commenter - there's a range of responses permitted.

nigel: Thank you. Can we assign the comments now?

pal: Please assign them to me.

tmichel: Okay, I will do.
... When comments are just a 'set of typos' etc we should keep them as single comment to manage the workload.

TTML2 Timeline

nigel: Describes timeline as set out in emails and agenda.

glenn: Implementation activity may mean that we need upwards of 3 months in CR.

Action Items pending review

action-331?

<trackbot> action-331 -- Nigel Megitt to Contact cyril requesting git repository instructions for the tests. -- due 2014-09-24 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/331

nigel: I've done this. Incidentally I've put all the existing dfxp tests into github too.

https://github.com/nigelmegitt/web-platform-tests/tree/ttwg/ttml

close action-331

<trackbot> Closed action-331.

action-336?

<trackbot> action-336 -- Nigel Megitt to Add codecs registry to f2f agenda at tpac -- due 2014-10-09 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/336

action-336: [TTWG meeting] We will cover this on the Monday.

<trackbot> Notes added to action-336 Add codecs registry to f2f agenda at tpac.

close action-336

<trackbot> Closed action-336.

action-337?

<trackbot> action-337 -- Nigel Megitt to Update TTML2 publication timeline -- due 2014-10-13 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/337

close action-337

<trackbot> Closed action-337.

Action items overdue

action-332?

<trackbot> action-332 -- Glenn Adams to Add schema support for ISD vocabulary -- due 2014-10-01 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/332

glenn: That's still ongoing pending some refinements I'm making on the vocabulary.
... I've been implementing support for the ISD format in TTV so I've been experimenting on that vocabulary and refining it a little bit.
... I'm folding the changes into Annex C as I go.

action-332: Moving due date to TPAC (TTWG meeting)

<trackbot> Notes added to action-332 Add schema support for ISD vocabulary.

action-333?

<trackbot> action-333 -- Pierre-Anthony Lemieux to Create a one pager to cover the plan for the director's meeting for taking imsc1 to cr. -- due 2014-10-02 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/333

action-333: Moving due date to TPAC (TTWG meeting)

<trackbot> Notes added to action-333 Create a one pager to cover the plan for the director's meeting for taking imsc1 to cr..

Issues discussed and Pending Review

issue-228?

<trackbot> issue-228 -- Ruby text support -- pending review

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/228

glenn: I added an offset, so this covers all the requested features.

close issue-228

<trackbot> Closed issue-228.

glenn: I note that there's no mapping in CSS for the offset feature, but at least authors may express the intent.

issue-276?

<trackbot> issue-276 -- ttp:version vs ttp:profile vs ttp:contentProfile -- pending review

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/276

Frans: for me this is okay to close

issue-276: frans has reviewed.

<trackbot> Notes added to issue-276 ttp:version vs ttp:profile vs ttp:contentProfile.

close issue-276

<trackbot> Closed issue-276.

issue-345?

<trackbot> issue-345 -- tts:overflow - ambiguous language about region extent -- pending review

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/345

close issue-345

<trackbot> Closed issue-345.

issue-346?

<trackbot> issue-346 -- Need ttp:mediaDuration parameter -- pending review

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/346

nigel: I wonder if this is related to the related media object timing discussion for TPAC.

glenn: It's independent of the media offset feature.
... There was a question about whether it's metadata or a parameter. There will be a normative use (processor behaviour) for the ISD mapping, so it will be a parameter.

close issue-346

<trackbot> Closed issue-346.

issue-347?

<trackbot> issue-347 -- Define ISD Syntax for both UA internal use and interchange. -- pending review

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/347

glenn: This was done. I added the issue to track the change I wanted to make.

nigel: We haven't really discussed this so it would be good to go through your reasons and solution at TPAC.

glenn: Yes, let's go ahead and do that. It's my intention to make ISD an interchangeable format and to that extent I'm effectively defining the schema so that we would
... continue to use the same content type but with a different root element to the tt:tt. Right now TTML documents in the larger sense can either be tt:tt or ttp:profile.
... I'm extending this to add isd:sequence and isd:isd to allow interchange of a sequence of ISD documents or a single ISD.

close issue-347

<trackbot> Closed issue-347.

issue-348?

<trackbot> issue-348 -- Make metric optional in offset-time form of time expressions. -- pending review

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/348

glenn: Both SMIL and SVG allow the metric to be optional and I frequently find it convenient to drop it, especially when the value is zero.
... I'm proposing making TTML consistent with SMIL and SVG. I've already amended the spec.

nigel: This is the first opportunity we've had to discuss this.

close issue-348

<trackbot> Closed issue-348.

issue-350?

<trackbot> issue-350 -- Add general statement/comment in abstract/introduction that IMSC1 is not a proper subset of TTML1SE. -- pending review

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/350

jdsmith: Does that imply that it extends TTML1?

nigel: Yes it does.

jdsmith: Are the extensions listed?

pal: Yes, Annex D Extensions lists them.

close issue-350

<trackbot> Closed issue-350.

issue-337?

<trackbot> issue-337 -- Update SDP-US for TTML2 -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/337

issue-337: (TTWG meeting) We resolved not to update SDP-US for TTML2.

<trackbot> Notes added to issue-337 Update SDP-US for TTML2.

close issue-337

<trackbot> Closed issue-337.

Change Proposals

http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex

nigel: CP1 is owned by jdsmith, and covers issue-165 which is closed.
... It doesn't have an Edits Applied section. What do we need to do to close this CP?

glenn: No further edits are needed for this. The only action is to update the CP to reflect that the proposed edits no longer apply.
... For example the target element attribute isn't used in the current spec. Targets can be inline and implied, or out of line and have content elements point back using an animate attribute.
... So the original proposal has morphed a bit. We should update the CP to reflect those changes.

<scribe> ACTION: glenn Update Change Proposal 1 to reflect new approach and move to CLOSED-IMPLEMENTED. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/10/09-tt-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-338 - Update change proposal 1 to reflect new approach and move to closed-implemented. [on Glenn Adams - due 2014-10-16].

jdsmith: I believe the intent of the CP is satisfied.

nigel: Change Proposal 12 is the next one, with a whole bunch of profile fixes.

https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal012

glenn: Now that we've closed issue-276 the only dependent issue is issue-305. That one is really external to the profiling mechanism per se.

nigel: I agree - it should be a related issue without a dependency.

<scribe> ACTION: glenn Fill in the relevant sections of Change Proposal 12 and move it to CLOSED-IMPLEMENTED. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/10/09-tt-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-339 - Fill in the relevant sections of change proposal 12 and move it to closed-implemented. [on Glenn Adams - due 2014-10-16].

https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal024

nigel: The last Pending Close one is CP24

<scribe> ACTION: glenn Update Change Proposal 24 and move to CLOSED-IMPLEMENTED [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/10/09-tt-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-340 - Update change proposal 24 and move to closed-implemented [on Glenn Adams - due 2014-10-16].

nigel: I wonder if we can deal with CP17... Oh, we're dependent on issue-179.
... I have to do some more work on CP25 too - that's progressing and I intend to update this prior to TPAC and hopefully present the work at TPAC.
... It's going to be interesting to compare and contrast the two approaches of 1) sequence of ISDs and 2) sequence of TTML documents. My view now is that both are valid and valuable.
... Thanks everyone, we've finished 4 minutes early! We have 1 hour next week.

<glenn> trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: glenn Fill in the relevant sections of Change Proposal 12 and move it to CLOSED-IMPLEMENTED. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/10/09-tt-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: glenn Update Change Proposal 1 to reflect new approach and move to CLOSED-IMPLEMENTED. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/10/09-tt-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: glenn Update Change Proposal 24 and move to CLOSED-IMPLEMENTED [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/10/09-tt-minutes.html#action03]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-10-09 16:05:42 $