W3C

- DRAFT -

ITS IG

02 Jul 2014

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
felix, renat, Yves, DaveLewis, pedro, serge
Regrets
christian, phil
Chair
felix
Scribe
fsasaki

Contents


roll call

checking attendees ...

issue-3: can be closed with http://www.w3.org/2014/04/30-i18nits-minutes.html#action01

<trackbot> Notes added to issue-3 Define how namespace prefix binding is passed to CSS selectors.

action items

http://www.w3.org/International/its/ig/track/actions/open

action-33?

<trackbot> action-33 -- David Lewis to Work on its ontology documentation in turtle -- due 2014-05-30 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/its/ig/track/actions/33

dave: mail is sent out
... that was the main new stuff to be done
... just need to sync with sebastian how to move forward
... would be good to get comments
... I suggested to use that in the webplatform.org page jirka started

<daveL> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2014Jun/0019.html

dave: I'll contact sebastian on how to follow up

close action-33

<trackbot> Closed action-33.

Open Data Management position statement

https://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/Open_Data_Management_for_Public_Automated_Translation_Services

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2014Jun/0017.html

discussion about the document

serge: discussion last week at lt-innovate, my impression is that we have time to provide input to other efforts. the doc currently is pre-mature, we need to think more what to add / what to express

dave: agree
... want to socialize the doc with gala, crisp initiative etc.

serge: want to put more marketing weight in this

dave: good to know that this is not so urgent
... people at lt-innovate also said it would be good to relate the doc to other efforts like RDF mapping of meta-share
... about data activity in w3c - I looked at linked data platform
... seems to be very relevant for the doc we are writing
... basic assumption: have a web server that serves RDF and other data types
... have not seen many implementations yet - they are working on this now?

felix: yes

<daveL> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ldpwg/raw-file/default/ldp-primer/ldp-primer.html

felix asking about scope of doc, given jörg's mail

dave: we had similar discussion with other people - cef is a conrete use case with a clear audience
... it is good to keep it focused but synchronized with other efforts, e.g. what is going on with meta-share / tbx in the ld4lt group
... in terms of practical output:

<daveL> https://www.w3.org/community/bpmlod/wiki/Draft_Guidelines_on_Bitext_as_Linked_Data

dave: bpmlod group (again driven by LIDER) looks into diferrent types of language resources
... there are guidelines about how to publish bitext
... e.g. it does not have to be RDF, can be TBX / CSV / XLIFF / ...
... so one way of approaching the guideline could be a profile of the "linked data platform" specification
... that is: what would be the bitext specification for a web service that serves bitext?
... the other part would be the conceptual part that is covered by ontolex group
... would be good to line that up and look at our audience

Pedro: e-commerce as a usage scenario - what are the needs of open / linked data at the European level? that has a real application
... e-commerce can help to unify european market

serge: e-commerce is only one aspect - flow of information is important too
... e-commerce can be flow of information - you cannot focus on trade as such, right?

pedro: agree, don't want to be focused on e-commerce only, but e-commerce could be a good use case
... agree with serge that content is everything, also legal content
... I am saying e-commerce since linked data issue to make business with it - if you don't see the fruit today the next day it is getting bad
... in e-commerce this is very true - change of data is very high. I mention this as an application only, not as main subsect of the document

serge: ok

dave: CEF aspect is: automated translation should help other infrastructures in Europe
... they have a specific list of other CEF services to support with automated translation, not as a general service in Europe
... of course there is a gap between CMS and localization
... filling that gap with e-commerce may make sense

<daveL> https://ec.europa.eu/digital-agenda/sites/digital-agenda/files/WP2014%20-%20official%20published.pdf

<daveL> http://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/

felix: maybe provide use cases like e-commerce in the ld4lt group?

dave: agree

https://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/wiki/Seed_Use_Cases

ITS and XLIFF (placeholder)

yves: depends on what we want to do
... if we want to be with release version of XLIFF
... have not been able to do things in mapping doc
... classify data cats that are in XLIFF already - started that today
... for the parts that need specific markup and make a module then for that
... will work on the wiki page and then tell people to look at that - after that we need implementers

dave: we could work on CNGL on implementing the mappings
... that worked well in lt-web - parser for ITS2.0, david did some work with XLIFF 2.0
... supporting the mappings we'd do on the CNGL side
... makes it more digestable to the XLIFF people if we have the classification yves described

MQM and ITS (placeholder)

dave: will bring it up at ld4lt call tomorrow

felix: will see if arle can participate in that

Wiki clean up and reasonable planning of topics for the next months

https://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/Main_Page#Work_items.2C_issues.2C_actions

aob?

discussion about autumn events (locworld, tpac, unicode etc.)

https://www.w3.org/Member/Mail/

dave: would be good to meet with linked data best practice group
... need to look into overlap with locworld
... feisgiltt work on object models - not sure if there is a good place to talk about that?
... web IDL topic
... other people to talk to: open annotation people

adjourned

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-07-02 12:59:28 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/time/time to provide input to other efforts/
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: fsasaki
Inferring Scribes: fsasaki
Present: felix renat Yves DaveLewis pedro serge
Regrets: christian phil
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2014Jul/0001.html
Got date from IRC log name: 02 Jul 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/07/02-i18nits-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]