W3C

Web Performance Working Group Teleconference

26 Mar 2014

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Tobin, Mike, Philippe, Rob
Chair
Tobin
Scribe
plh

Contents


resource priorities

Tobin: last week, we were wondering if the HTML WG was still up-to-date with resource priorities. talked to Travis.

<tobint> http://www.w3.org/2014/03/20-html-wg-minutes.html#item09

Tobin: also joined the conference call for the html wg
... and bring them in sync
... they did tell us that we can bring things in the spec, once we're ready
... two items
... wanted to scope down resource priorities
... ie remove postpone for now
... until we have a good handle on the rest
... is there something we still want to do?

plh: seems so, from the list

http://www.w3.org/2010/webperf/track/actions/open

<scribe> ACTION: Tobin to remove postpone from Resource Priorities [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-130 - Remove postpone from resource priorities [on Tobin Titus - due 2014-04-02].

close action-129

<trackbot> Closed action-129.

Tobin: once we scope down, we'll push an update

HRT2

http://www.w3.org/2010/webperf/track/issues/13

plh: this is a last call issue

http://www.w3.org/TR/dom/#interface-event

plh: there is a timeStamp there
... of DOMTimeStamp
... and doesn't use DOMHighResStamp
... so, is it DOM or HR2 issue?

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2012OctDec/0028.html

Tobin: I'll need to check with Jatinder on this one

<scribe> ACTION: Tobin to follow with Jatinder on HRT2 and DOM Events [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-131 - Follow with jatinder on hrt2 and dom events [on Tobin Titus - due 2014-04-02].

plh: you may also want to talk to Travis as well
... since he is doing D3E

Beacon

issue-12?

<trackbot> issue-12 -- Determine appropriate size limit for beacon data based on current usage patterns -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2010/webperf/track/issues/12

plh: Mike, any idea of what Akamai would like on this?

Mike: it depends on the data. resource timing is bigger than navigation timing
... could look into it

tobin: should it be on an individual request or on the queue?
... trying to make a guarantee could be a disaster

plh: beacon doesn't return errors, so you don't know

tobin: it could be per implementation
... so not sure that specifying is a good thing
... I'm for a size per message, but not for a queue

mike: i'll look at the sizes we're sending

<scribe> ACTION: mmccall to provide on data size for beacon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-minutes.html#action05]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-132 - Provide on data size for beacon [on Mike McCall - due 2014-04-02].

RAF

https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/issues?labels=animation-timing

plh: we're missing tests

https://critic.hoppipolla.co.uk/showcomment?chain=1469

<scribe> ACTION: Tobin to look at https://critic.hoppipolla.co.uk/showcomment?chain=1469 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-minutes.html#action06]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-133 - Look at https://critic.hoppipolla.co.uk/showcomment?chain=1469 [on Tobin Titus - due 2014-04-02].

plh: this generates inconsistent results for the tests
... once we have the tests, we could move it to proposed recommendation

https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/425

Other issues

Mike: adding protocol and size in resource timing
... what's the status?

<scribe> ACTION: plh to find the status of protocol and size in resource timing [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-minutes.html#action07]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-134 - Find the status of protocol and size in resource timing [on Philippe Le H├ęgaret - due 2014-04-02].

https://www.w3.org/wiki/Web_Performance/Publications

[adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Mike to provide on data size for beacon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: plh to find the status of protocol and size in resource timing [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-minutes.html#action07]
[NEW] ACTION: Tobin to follow with Jatinder on HRT2 and DOM Events [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Tobin to look at https://critic.hoppipolla.co.uk/showcomment?chain=1469 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION: Tobin to remove postpone from Resource Priorities [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-03-26 19:44:53 $