W3C

Research and Development Working Group Teleconference

05 Feb 2014

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Simon, Vivienne, Annika, Justin, Shadi, Markel
Regrets
David, Silvia, Yehya, Mark, Giorgio, Yeliz
Chair
Simon
Scribe
Justin

Contents


Issues and Actions http://goo.gl/Z7XY3Y

<sharper_> <http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/scribes>

<sharper_> <http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Weekly_Call_Scribing>

https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/actions/43

<sharper_> http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Weekly_Call_Scribing

https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/actions/42

<sharper_> Yehya says via email: we are progressing with the work on the new editor draft

sharper: editor drafts progressing

https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/actions/44

sharper: item 44 - sim,on is woprking on it once html conversion done

https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/actions/46

sharper: david has given no report on this item, will catch him next time

https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/actions/47

sharper: where are we up to on the metrics report

shadi: working on it - not ready yet

E-Learning Symposium Status http://goo.gl/bbjL92

<sharper_> Justin: have put together the html version of the call and transcripts.

<sharper_> Justin: Not now needs working on - not going to be done in the next few weeks.

<sharper_> ACTION: justin to write up E-Learning Symposium draft within 2 months [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/05-rd-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-54 - Write up e-learning symposium draft within 2 months [on Justin Brown - due 2014-02-12].

shadi: what is the status of viviennes catalog item

sharper: working on it - depending on the coversion to html - any more questions ? going to give a breakdown on the user agents user group

shadi: we could look a little bit more at using html directly into the wiki - could look at that for future catalog items

sharper: agrees - looks nice
... are wiki things that are alwats updated rather than being a static site (permalinked(

shadi: they use it a lot for commenting and drafting work - i am not sure how they draft the html and drop it into the final resource - they are using html code inside the wiki editor - quite handy - they are not using wiki markup but rather html marking, making it easier to extract

sharper: thats sounds pretty - is there some way of getting our wiki updated to use these tools

shadi: i think our wiki has the same html features - i'll try it on a page now

<shadi> https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/

shadi: ok - hello world examples works well

sharper: good
... in the future people can go to the catalog page directly and create their entry and then we can extract it and place it in the catalog template as html if people are happy to work that way
... agrees that it makes the job easier
... i just wanted to open to question regarding the user agent accessibility guidelines - overall I think they worked very well
... i will send them out to the group

<markel> I haven't

sharper: has anyone else looked at the user agent stuff?
... i think they are doing a good job
... is there anything else we want to discuss today?

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: justin to write up E-Learning Symposium draft within 2 months [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/05-rd-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-02-16 09:58:41 $