W3C

- DRAFT -

MLW-LG Wg

13 Nov 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Arle, felix, Ankit, phil, pedro, Yves, kfritsche, Milan, nieves, tadej
Regrets
dave, pablo, olaf-michael, serge, christian, jirka
Chair
felix
Scribe
felix

Contents


<scribe> scribe: felix

roll call and agenda review

agenda at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Nov/0026.html

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Nov/0026.html

f2f preparation

http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Madrid_November_2013_f2f

<philr> I am sorry that I am unable to attend in person.

pedro: no additoinal comments

<philr> particularly as Pedro promised me Spanish ham!

<scribe> ACTION: felix send mail to Asun about projectors, wifi etc. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/11/13-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-569 - Send mail to asun about projectors, wifi etc. [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-11-20].

f2f agenda

http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Madrid_November_2013_f2f#Objectives

felix: tuesday will about future plans
... monday about deliverables, ltweb wrap up
... M24 report, felix will send around template
... anything else in addition to objectives http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Madrid_November_2013_f2f#Objectives
... I like to add h2020 and other funding opportunities

<philr> h2020 seems like a good idea to discuss

Video outreach

arle: we decided to replace the script that had been sent out earlier

see Arle's mail at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Nov/0025.html

<scribe> new main script is at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MtIMqf6oCe1SOA5mIHQEvO-iEGy_dLeVt4iVKSd3NR4/pub

arle: two examples where ITS could have a benefit in the world

arle explaining the Khrushchev example, then the food example

arle: goal in both examples is to make ITS2 benefit understandable to non expert
... that video would close with logos of all partners
... if you want to edit that, please let me know

pedro: we provided two ideas - TMS to CMS
... and another one
... is sending to you a first draft next week ok?

arle: yes

[see timeline at Arle's mail - please sent sripts by end of next week]

pedro: we will look at this during the madrid meeting
... next week I'll send the script

arle: I am out next thursday and friday, fyi
... the main video we have we are in discussion with somebody to make drawings
... and voiceover will go with that
... for the other videos there will be screencasts

nieves: should we remind the people about details of videos from the screencast?

arle: yes
... second category of videos, the screencasts
... we want to find a sort of demo that is nice functionality that ITS provides
... we want to put a priority
... and a demo that can be done in no more than 5 min
... if you use demo materials, that can be provided to try things out, we provide links to those
... esp. of open source projects
... for some that may not work, but that is fine too

pedro: we can provide links to documentation that we have in the wiki

arle: that is the best approach I think

<Arle> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CI0P3-Nk_hU1LWAxralDx6-njySAdtMR4SAdHB9-hMg/put

<Arle> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CI0P3-Nk_hU1LWAxralDx6-njySAdtMR4SAdHB9-hMg/pub

<Arle> Use the second one.

<Arle> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gKRDamAeO3mFg-ybFjLzXFjB85WcPl-DaAZ1DaZtgXg/pub

arle: we thought we would use the same file that is generated in the okapi demo
... to feed in the ocelt demo

<pedro_> pedro: when do you think videos can be actually recorded? We need to know to allocate time in our agendas and preparing it.

<Yves_> I will look at those

<philr> Will do

felix: we have a meeting tomorrow
... could you let us know potential time slots in last week of nov and first week of december
... week of 2 december

<scribe> ACTION: felix to make a doodle to fix recording dates after talking to volker [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/11/13-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-570 - Make a doodle to fix recording dates after talking to volker [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-11-20].

arle: if you want to do videos after that it is ok
... so we can add things to the ITS2 youtube channel, that is fine

<pedro_> pedro: that week we only have available 2nd and 3rd December. Otherwise, the week of 9th Dec.

pedro: music for the videos - have you thought about that?

arle: for the intro video yes
... for the others we have not thought about that yet

pedro: using music without a copyright is not difficult but you have to handle that
... so have a video at the beginng and at the end

felix: will discuss with volker

its2 in oxygen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x6AH3JdjY4

<Yves_> very neat!

<Yves_> can we send the link to the video to the public?

felix: sure
... just make people aware that this is still experimental

what to do in ITS IG

http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/Main_Page#Work_items.2C_issues.2C_actions

xliff 1.2, 2.0 mapping, ITS-RDF mapping, usage scenarios document, issues and proposed features

<Yves_> yes, almost there for 1.2

http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-mlw-metadata-us-impl-20130307/

<Yves_> yes

felix: would it be ok to continue work on that in the IG?
... idea is to have an IG call 1 per month

<Yves_> +1 to 1 call per month

<pedro_> +1

felix: invite external people to talk about selected topics and relation to ITS
... e.g. business use cases, other technologies (semantic web), new projects, ...

<Arle> I think that once a month would be good. It would make it easier to resurrect work when needed and help us evangelize our efforts to others.

felix: scope of IG would be not only continue idsucssio on ITS2, but to go beyond

<Ankit> +1 to once a month

felix: would that make sense?

pedro: yes
... we have to be realistic what we can do
... from our point of view, the discussion we had with dave to go beyond, e..g with readiness
... or work on a web service
... that will be one of the activities that we will work on
... a standardized ws, various partners there interested in that

arle: need to have some company to do monthly webinars and provide infrastructure
... if that grows beyond current side it can be more expensive

deliverables

http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Deliverables

felix: thanks to all for finishign so many m21 due deliverables, worked pretty well

aob

<Yves_> bye

adjourned

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: felix send mail to Asun about projectors, wifi etc. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/11/13-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: felix to make a doodle to fix recording dates after talking to volker [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/11/13-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-11-13 13:48:51 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/discuss/will discuss/
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: fsasaki
Found Scribe: felix
Present: Arle felix Ankit phil pedro Yves kfritsche Milan nieves tadej
Regrets: dave pablo olaf-michael serge christian jirka
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Nov/0026.html
Got date from IRC log name: 13 Nov 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/11/13-mlw-lt-minutes.html
People with action items: felix mail send

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]