Madrid November 2013 f2f
Madrid 25-27th November 2013 f2f
- 1 Participants
- 2 Logistics
- 3 Location
- 4 Travel Information
- 5 Lodging
- 6 Objectives
- 7 Agenda
- 8 Outcome
1.1 Confirmed participants
|Name||Attending dinner on 25th||Attending dinner on 26th||Special food needs (vegetarian/vegan/etc.)|
|Tadej Štajner (JSI)||Yes||Yes|
|Stephan Walter (Cocomore)||Yes||Yes|
|Yves Savourel (ENLASO)||Yes||Probably not|
|Felix Sasaki (DFKI / W3C)||Yes||Yes|
|Jirka Kosek (UEP)||Yes||Yes|
|Milan Karásek (MORAVIA)||Yes||Yes|
|Pedro L. Díez Orzas (Linguaserve, host)||Yes||Yes|
|Pablo Nieto (Linguaserve)||Yes||Yes|
|Mauricio del Olmo (Linguaserve)||Yes||-|
|David Filip (UL)||Yes||Yes|
|Dave Lewis (TCD)||Yes||Yes|
|Phil Ritchie (VistaTEC)||Sorry will have to attend virtually||Sorry will have to attend virtually|
|Arle Lommel (DFKI)||Yes||Yes|
|Dominic Jones (TCD)||Yes||Yes|
|Leroy Finn (TCD)||Yes||Yes|
|Ankit Srivastava (DCU)||Yes||Yes|
|Olaf-Michael Stefanov (Invited Expert)||Yes||Yes|
|Jan Anders Nelson (Microsoft)||Yes||Yes|
|John Judge (DCU)||Yes||Yes|
|Serge Gladkoff (Logrus)||Yes||Yes||-|
|Richard Ishida (W3C)||Yes||Yes||-|
1.2 Remote participants and dial-in info
We will use the regular gotomeeting bridge, see dial in info
- Dates: 25-27 Nov 2013
- Location: Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros de Telecomunicación – Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Avenida Complutense 30, 28040 Madrid, Spain
- Host: LIDER, Linguaserve
- Emergency contact (Pedro): +34 657958678
- Go to http://irc.w3.org/
- Enter your user name and the channel #mlw-lt
- We will use IRC for discussions with external participants and for scribing
- Monday 25: 5% rain prob. -2º/ 12º
- Tuesday 26: 25% rain prob. -2º/ 11º
- Sala de Profesores en el Edificio C (capacity: 25 people). NOTE: meeting on 27 November will be room D-022, Building D.
Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros de Telecomunicación (ETSIT)
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid,
Avenida Complutense 30, 28040 Madrid, Spain
3.1 Dinner on November 25th
Sponsored by Linguaserve.
- Dantxari Restaurante
- 20:00 hrs
- c/ Ventura Rodríguez 8, Madrid
Starters: Pudin de cabracho + Caña de lomo y queso + Croquetas de bacalao + Chipirones encebollados Main (one of the following): Bocaditos de merluza con pimientos asados Bacalao al pil-pil Filetitos de entrecott con salsa de mostaza Solomillo Dantxari (al vapor) Dessert: Tartita de manzana con helado Drinks: Rioja Crianza + Agua + Cafe
3.2 Dinner on November 26th
There is a reservation up to 25 people
- Viejo Madrid
- 20:30 hrs.
- Cava Baja 32, Madrid
Bus: 17, 18, 23, 31, 35, 50, 60, N17 Metro: L5 - La Latina
4 Travel Information
- Madrid is the capital of Spain and its largest city. The population of the city is roughly 3.3 million and the entire population of the Madrid metropolitan area is calculated to be around 6.5 million. It is the third-largest city in the European Union, after London and Berlin, and its metropolitan area is the third-largest in the European Union after London and Paris. The city spans a total of 604.3 km2 (233.3 sq mi). (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madrid)
4.1 How to get there
4.1.1 Getting to Madrid
- Airplane: Aeropuerto Madrid Barajas. Several flights and companies available from many European and American cities.
- Bus: See international companies
- Car: From France or Portugal direct highways to Madrid.
- Train: High Speed Train (AVE) from several Spanish cities (Barcelona, Valencia, Sevilla…) and other international trains.
Border formalities are none since Spain is a part of Schengen Area and correspond to the European standards.
4.1.2 Getting to Madrid city centre and to the Hotel
- Metro: There is a metro station from all Terminals in the Airport Madrid-Barajas.
The closest metro stations to the NH Alberto Aguilera Hotel are:
1. Argüelles (Lines 3,4,6)
2. San Bernardo (Lines 2, 4)
The easiest is taking the Metro in the Airport (Line 8) until Nuevos Ministerios (Line 6) and until Argüelles, Metro Website
- Taxi and Bus (several lines), Information
4.1.3 Getting to the Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros de Telecomunicación (ETSIT)
5.1 Hotel Information
Pedro agreed special rates for the MLW-LT f2f meeting in the following hotel:
NH Alberto Aguilera ***
Alberto Aguilera, 18. 28015 Madrid (España)
Free WIFI in the whole hotel (including the rooms).
Double/twin room, Standard for individual use, Breakfast included: € 74
Double/twin room, Standard, Breakfast included: € 82
VAT NOT INCLUDED (10% room, 10% breakfast)
Reservation available until 10th November, since they pre-reserved rooms for us and if you want to go somewhere else they can use those rooms.
MLW-LT special link to reserve: click HERE
Reservations Tel: +34 902 570 368
• The prices are per room and night.
• The rates detailed above are specific to this group and do not apply to individual reservations. The reduction in the total number of rooms offered could involve a review of the rates.
• Taxes can be changed by the government without notice. New rates (such as local rates, cultural and others) may be added during the term of this contract due to new government regulations. In some cases these fees will be paid by the customer on arrival at the hotel, due to new legislation
- M24 report - Felix to bring template and distribute action items who fills in what.
- Plan ITS IG activities
- Finalise EU project deliverables
- Preparing for EU project final review due January 2014
- Plan outreach activities: videos and white papers
- Plan LIDER handover
- Plan the next projects :)
- Celebrate a successful project!!!!
- Linguistic Linked Open Data survery: sector, role (generating LD, using NLP, helping people to use NLP, ...), general open questions (language resource pain points / use cases). Have a session after LIDER / FALCON introduction.
- Discuss H2020 call and W3C internal proposals for future work. h2020 draft has been distributed internally.
- Discuss MLW web site: adding of information, making projects visible.
• Time is always Madrid local time, that is CEST.
• We may have calls with external participants. Depending on the call time the agenda might shift.
• Place: Staff Room in Building C (Sala de profesores en Edificio C)
7.1 Monday 25th
- 9:00 Start of the meeting
- 9:30 Various wrap ups:
- 10:45 Break
- 11:15 continue
- Wiki outreach material clean up
- ITS IG activities
- Regular calls on activities related to IG activities.
- Review of other technologies
- 13:00 Lunch
- 14:00 Continue
- Readiness, standardized web services, other future items
- 15:30 Break
- 16:00 Outreach: video scripts and white papers template. Fill in doodle for timing of recordings
- 17:30 Adjourn
7.2 Tuesday 26th
NOTE: during this day we will spend time with the LIDER particpants to discuss the relationship betwen LIDER, MLW and MLW-LT. Details see below.
- 9:30 Presentation from Asun Gomez Perez on LIDER project. See slides: File:LIDER and MWeb-madrid.2013-11-26 asun.pptx, also Linked Data Applications: There is no One-Size-Fits-All Formula presentation: http://www.w3.org/2013/11/LD-LIDER(v1)-asungomezperez.pptx
- 11:20 Break
- 11:45 Presentation from Dave Lewis on FALCON project
- 12:30 MLW workshop planning
- 13:00 Lunch
- 14:00 MLW workshop planning (continued) + MLW website: presence of MLW-LT and LIDER
- 15:30 Break
- 16:00 Linguistic Linked Open Data survery: sector, role (generating LD, using NLP, helping people to use NLP, ...), general open questions (language resource pain points / use cases). See as input: survey outline draft
- 16:30 presentation from Arle on QTLP / QT21
- 17:00 H2020 ideas discussion
- 17:30 Adjourn
7.3 Wednesday 27th
NOTE: meeting on 27 November will be room D-022, Building D.
- 9:30 Start of the meeting
- 9:30 - 10:30 dive into details of readiness
- 10:30 Details of wiki clean up. Goal:
- make the MLW-lT wiki easy to understand, use e.g. content of File:D1.2.2 M24.pdf
- create clean up action items in which e.g. Nieves can help
- clarify main page (work items, call time) of ITS IG page http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/Main_Page
- 11:00 Break (Library Hall, Building A)
- 11:30 ITS 2.0 Ontology or H2020 ideas (continued)
- 12:30 AOB
- 13:00 Lunch
- 14:00 Adjourn