W3C

- DRAFT -

MLW-LT WG

26 Jun 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
felix, omstefanov, davelewis, Des, Jirka, chriLi, joerg, dF, Yves, Ankit, leroy, pnietoca, Pedro
Regrets
tadej
Chair
felix
Scribe
daveL

Contents


<fsasaki> agenda is here http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Jun/0102.html

<omstefanov> unless I missed something it appears that the implementation conformance list has only green OK entries. if so, congrats, everyone.

Conflicts between paramters

no comments on agenda

<fsasaki> https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/130

renat had asked about precedence of its:params

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Jun/0103.html

felix: jirka confirmed the precedence rules as already defined

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#selection-precedence

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#html5-selection-precedence

felix: but pointed out that the behaviour in the case of clashing parameter names was not addressed

<fsasaki> "In case of conflicts between global selections via multiple rules elements or conflicts between multiple param elements with the same name, the last rule or last param element has higher precedence."

jirka: agrees proposal is fine

yves: agrees also

<fsasaki> issue-130 can be closed with this edit

PR publication

<fsasaki> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-multilingualweb-lt/2013Jun/0000.html

<omstefanov_2> felix, I can't open this ...

<omstefanov_2> could I get it in a temp way?

<fsasaki> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-multilingualweb-lt/2013Jun/0002.html (member only link, can be opened only with W3C member account)

<fsasaki> "5. Evidence That Dependencies With Other Groups Met:"

felix: this is a formal email communicating our activities to presenting spec for next stage
... one issue

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/CR-html5-20121217/dom.html#phrasing-content

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/CR-html5-20121217/dom.html#the-translate-attribute

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/2013/05/07-mlw-lt-minutes#item04

felix: we use references from HTML5.1 definitions at above URLs
... as recommended in this call.
... but the issue is that all normative references are reocmmendations, but HTML5 and HTML5.1 are not yet recommendation
... this is a common unsolved problems with many specs that refernce HTML5
... but there is a workaround.
... workaround involves stating that the implementation is stable based on test results
... so that in PR phase that the HTML5 draft uses to phrasing (already in place) and translate definitions from html5.1

jorg: is this the usual approach in w3c

felix: usually we try and avoid these issues, but we are the same as some other groups that we need such a reference
... our task is then to get that stability in HTML5

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20-implementation-report.html#Translateconformance-overview

felix: so we go to HTML WG with above evidence of working implementations

dave: how quick might they respond?

felix: hope they will respond and make changes in 4 weeks, so its really workload on HTML5 editor

dave: do you think any in HMTL5 WG will disagree

felix: don't think so since main resolution of topics is based on working impelmentations at this stage in the HMTL5 WG

jorg: letter need to have pub date corrected, currently 'jun 2'

Vote for PR publication

jirka: another point, in spec we are inconsistent in typographic changes

felix: dave, david and i have called scheduled with w3c managmeent on friday

jirka: will aim to correct this beofre then

felix: call for vote of progress to next stage
... publishing proposed recommendation draft

christian: procedural question, do we have a quorum for a vote?

felix: we have 13 people on call, but there is not a formal number required on the call
... but will mail list say the result of the call and giving 48 hour to voice opinion

christian: would like to abstain

dF: is it a vote or cencensus

felix: we aim for consensus

dF: vote to publish

des: asks is 2 implementaitons is a pre-requisite for the vote

felix; not for the vote, but can't move forward without this

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20-implementation-report.html

scribe: but we have at least two implementations tested for each feature, whcih is sufficient to progress
... which doens't count implementation committments
... note yet tested

<Ankit> +1

<leroy> +1

+1

<Des> +1

<Yves_> +1 for publication

<dF> +1

<pnietoca> +1

<joerg> +1

<fsasaki> ACTION: felix to write mail to public list making people aware of vote for PR [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/06/26-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-551 - Write mail to public list making people aware of vote for PR [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-07-03].

felix: asks for people to vote +1 on IRC for publishing

<fsasaki> deadline for comments: Friday 1 p.m. UTC

<omstefanov_2> +1 (if public members count)

presentation from adobe on current implementation

des: ... update on presentation from last month
... implementation based on apache jackrabbit sling layer
... future work will have authoring in upper layers
... integrated okapi into sling, just started impelmentaiton, with translate
... shows early demo via screen share
... shows sling/jcr content management and import html file with ITs annotations
... where jcr exposes document node structure

-- sling allows integration of servelt for specific processing through manipulation of URL, i.e. adding an 'its' element to URL

scribe: also offers a json mapping
... shows remaining timeline, on track for planned completion date, will include XLIFF support
... plan to submit source to apache

felix: asks to clarify where the meta-data is created

des: meta-data gets expanded at the input stage, i.e. where the rules are evaluated, so the global rule are parsed and applied to the JCR rerpesentation

felix: suggest that in demo have one person creating the rule and another creating the content

<fsasaki> daveL: will we also support external rules?

<fsasaki> des: yes, external to the file

dave: are you planning to include extern rules files

<fsasaki> .. that is what we will support. It will not be external to the system

<omstefanov_2> thanks, Des. Nice presentation

Next steps in July

felix: we had schedule init presentaiton, but sebastian is not on call, will follow up next week
... hope that frmo next week onward we can open up call to ITS IG for discuss best practice discussions

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/

felix: asks if this is ok with everyone

<dF> +1

<fsasaki> ACTION: felix to prepare ITS IG for minute taking etc. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/06/26-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-552 - Prepare ITS IG for minute taking etc. [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-07-03].

dave; asks if minutes then under IG wiki

felix: yes

felix: if everything goes Ok, PR stage will end end july into august
... so in dublin we mentioned preparing some showcase recordings
... and if anyone has guidelines to prepare these (christian mentioned he might have some)

felix; asks jorg if he could introduce IG call to interoperability now initiative.

jorg: agrees

felix: aob

pedro: for IG will eveyone on WG list need to move themselves to IG

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/

<omstefanov_2> does this include persons such we me?

felix; no, i have taken the liberty of moving everyone to IG

<omstefanov_2> thanks, Felix!

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: felix to prepare ITS IG for minute taking etc. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/06/26-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: felix to write mail to public list making people aware of vote for PR [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/06/26-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-06-26 13:33:48 $