W3C

Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

30 May 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Felix, Richard, Addison, JohnK, Aharon, David
Regrets
Mati, Felix_(partial)
Chair
Addison Phillips
Scribe
Addison Phillips

Contents


Action Items

<r12a> http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

close action-196

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-196 Request feedback on ruby use cases with an eye towards publishing updated version in two weeks.

ACTION-228: waiting on richard for response (richard has a response that Aharon hasn't seen yet)

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-228 File bug on 5.1 and review text, pinging robin about how best to file.

Info Share

richard: next tuesday is the ebooks conference in Tokyo
... norbert will be there
... will let you all know about report

RADAR

HTML Bidi

richard: aharon sent me changes and I think they look fine
... spoke to robin this afternoon
... when we want to raise bug on html
... there is a pull down for "product" or "component"
... HTML5-spec, etc.
... just raise against HTML5-spec component
... they clone as needed
... also asked if whatwg should get bugs too
... in some cases HTML also clones bugs
... but raise under HTML5 spec and then clone to whatwg list
... asked robin: raise first or ask for opinion first?
... doesn't care, but maybe just ping robin first

aharon: sunday or monday
... say I were to file now (hypothetical)
... should I be brief and just point to wiki page

richard: think that's good

addison: agree: we have all our text in one place

richard: don't want to make a "big meal" in the bug

aharon: say we want 5.1 or 5.0 or what?

richard: think ambiguous. hope we change 5.0

aharon: want to ensure 5.1
... on fast track
... 5.0 needs two impls

richard: if we can get two impls, it'll get into 5.0

aharon: will send to robin cc:richard

richard: just to member list?

addison: member-i18n-core@

All: thanks to Aharon!!

Ruby Use Case Document

http://www.w3.org/International/docs/ruby/

<r12a> http://www.w3.org/International/docs/ruby/#app-c

richard: didn't bring in the other document, just ref in appendix a
... question: what next?
... another review round or ?

addison: last call

<scribe> ACTION: addison: send last call about ruby use cases to winter@ with target to publish as Note in two weeks time [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/30-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-230 - Send last call about ruby use cases to winter@ with target to publish as Note in two weeks time [on Addison Phillips - due 2013-06-06].

richard: asked robin about extension spec status, but no response yet

Charmod-Norm

Line Wrapping Rules in Traditional Chinese

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2013AprJun/0069.html

JcK: asked a few folks, but haven't heard back yet

<scribe> ACTION: richard: talk to bobby tung about TC-Layout req idea and report back [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/30-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-231 - Talk to bobby tung about TC-Layout req idea and report back [on Richard Ishida - due 2013-06-06].

AOB?

probable regrets next week: richard, JcK

ITS 2.0

felix: want to bring up
... status section says focused on normative section for last call
... this group provided comments on non-normative section and keeping it
... will send a pointer out, as we are doing sone restructring
... shouldn't change your comments
... but the text will move around (first two sections will be different)

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: addison: send last call about ruby use cases to winter@ with target to publish as Note in two weeks time [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/30-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: richard: talk to bobby tung about TC-Layout req idea and report back [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/30-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-05-30 17:05:43 $