IRC log of i18n on 2013-05-30

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:53:51 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #i18n
14:53:51 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/05/30-i18n-irc
14:53:56 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #i18n
14:54:03 [aphillip]
trackbot, prepare teleconference
14:54:05 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:54:07 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 4186
14:54:08 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see I18N_CoreWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
14:54:08 [trackbot]
Meeting: Internationalization Working Group Teleconference
14:54:09 [trackbot]
Date: 30 May 2013
14:54:29 [aphillip]
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013May/0035.html
14:54:34 [aphillip]
Chair: Addison Phillips
14:54:38 [aphillip]
Scribe: Addison Phillips
14:54:42 [aphillip]
ScribeNick: aphillip
14:54:51 [aphillip]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:54:51 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/05/30-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
14:55:07 [aphillip]
Regrets: Mati, Felix (partial)
14:55:24 [aphillip]
agenda+ RADAR
14:55:33 [aphillip]
agenda+ Ruby Use Case Document
14:55:41 [aphillip]
agenda+ Charmod-Norm
14:55:59 [aphillip]
agenda+ Line Wrapping Rules in Traditional Chinese
14:56:02 [aphillip]
agenda?
15:00:17 [r12a]
zakim, dial richard please
15:00:17 [Zakim]
ok, r12a; the call is being made
15:00:18 [Zakim]
I18N_CoreWG()11:00AM has now started
15:00:20 [Zakim]
+Richard
15:00:33 [David]
David has joined #i18n
15:00:50 [Zakim]
+??P6
15:01:17 [Zakim]
+aphillip
15:01:25 [aphillip]
zakim, who is here?
15:01:25 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Richard, fsasaki, aphillip
15:01:27 [Zakim]
On IRC I see David, Zakim, RRSAgent, aphillip, fsasaki, r12a, jjs, fantasai, trackbot
15:01:55 [r12a]
jjs ?
15:02:11 [Zakim]
+Aharon
15:02:13 [jjs]
I don't think I should be here!
15:02:16 [DavidClarke]
DavidClarke has joined #i18n
15:02:57 [jjs]
Shall I part?
15:03:09 [r12a]
yes, thank you
15:03:13 [jjs]
jjs has left #i18n
15:03:26 [Zakim]
+DavidC
15:03:28 [JcK]
JcK has joined #i18n
15:04:07 [Zakim]
+JcK
15:04:09 [aphillip]
zakim, DavidClarke is DavidC
15:04:09 [Zakim]
sorry, aphillip, I do not recognize a party named 'DavidClarke'
15:05:18 [DavidClarke]
zakim, DavidC is DavidClarke
15:05:21 [Zakim]
+DavidClarke; got it
15:05:44 [aphillip]
topic: Agenda
15:05:49 [aphillip]
agenda?
15:06:10 [aphillip]
Topic: Action Items
15:06:25 [r12a]
http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open
15:07:40 [aphillip]
close action-196
15:07:40 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-196 Request feedback on ruby use cases with an eye towards publishing updated version in two weeks.
15:09:01 [aphillip]
ACTION-228: waiting on richard for response (richard has a response that Aharon hasn't seen yet)
15:09:01 [trackbot]
Notes added to ACTION-228 File bug on 5.1 and review text, pinging robin about how best to file.
15:09:14 [aphillip]
agenda+ HTML Bidi
15:09:32 [aphillip]
Topic: Info Share
15:10:26 [aphillip]
richard: next tuesday is the ebooks conference in Tokyo
15:10:32 [aphillip]
... norbert will be there
15:10:37 [aphillip]
... will let you all know about report
15:10:52 [aphillip]
agenda?
15:11:00 [aphillip]
zakim, take up agendum 1
15:11:00 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "RADAR" taken up [from aphillip]
15:12:06 [aphillip]
agenda?
15:12:19 [Zakim]
-DavidClarke
15:12:25 [aphillip]
zakim, take up agendum 5
15:12:26 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "HTML Bidi" taken up [from aphillip]
15:12:49 [Zakim]
+DavidClarke
15:13:12 [aphillip]
richard: aharon sent me changes and I think they look fine
15:13:21 [aphillip]
... spoke to robin this afternoon
15:13:31 [aphillip]
... when we want to raise bug on html
15:13:41 [aphillip]
... there is a pull down for "product" or "component"
15:13:58 [aphillip]
... HTML5-spec, etc.
15:14:07 [aphillip]
... just raise against HTML5-spec component
15:14:14 [aphillip]
... they clone as needed
15:14:34 [aphillip]
richard: also asked if whatwg should get bugs too
15:14:49 [aphillip]
... in some cases HTML also clones bugs
15:15:09 [aphillip]
... but raise under HTML5 spec and then clone to whatwg list
15:15:54 [aphillip]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:15:54 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/05/30-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
15:16:10 [aphillip]
richard: asked robin: raise first or ask for opinion first?
15:16:19 [aphillip]
... doesn't care, but maybe just ping robin first
15:16:49 [aphillip]
aharon: sunday or monday
15:17:05 [aphillip]
... say I were to file now (hypothetical)
15:17:14 [aphillip]
... should I be brief and just pointer to wiki page
15:17:38 [aphillip]
richard: think that's good
15:17:48 [aphillip]
addison: agree: we have all our text in one place
15:17:57 [aphillip]
richard: don't want to make a "big meal" in the bug
15:18:11 [aphillip]
aharon: say we want 5.1 or 5.0 or what?
15:18:21 [aphillip]
richard: think ambiguous. hope we change 5.0
15:18:42 [aphillip]
aharon: want to ensure 5.1
15:18:50 [aphillip]
... on fast track
15:19:00 [aphillip]
... 5.0 needs two impls
15:19:10 [aphillip]
richard: if we can get two impls, it'll get into 5.0
15:19:35 [aphillip]
aharon: will send to robin cc:richard
15:20:14 [aphillip]
richard: just to member list?
15:20:22 [aphillip]
addison: member-i18n-core@
15:20:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/05/30-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
15:20:48 [aphillip]
agenda?
15:21:10 [aphillip]
zakim, take up agendum 2
15:21:10 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Ruby Use Case Document" taken up [from aphillip]
15:21:19 [aphillip]
All: thanks to Aharon!!
15:21:40 [aphillip]
http://www.w3.org/International/docs/ruby/
15:22:02 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/05/30-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
15:22:12 [r12a]
http://www.w3.org/International/docs/ruby/#app-c
15:23:38 [aphillip]
richard: didn't bring in the other document, just ref in appendix a
15:23:54 [aphillip]
richard: question: what next?
15:24:32 [aphillip]
... another review round or ?
15:25:24 [aphillip]
addison: last call?
15:26:18 [aphillip]
action: addison: send last call about ruby use cases to winter@ with target to publish as Note in two weeks time
15:26:18 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-230 - Send last call about ruby use cases to winter@ with target to publish as Note in two weeks time [on Addison Phillips - due 2013-06-06].
15:26:52 [aphillip]
richard: asked robin about extension spec status, but no response yet
15:27:15 [aphillip]
agenda?
15:27:47 [aphillip]
zakim, take up agendum 3
15:27:47 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Charmod-Norm" taken up [from aphillip]
15:31:27 [aphillip]
agenda?
15:31:59 [aphillip]
zakim, take up agendum 4
15:31:59 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Line Wrapping Rules in Traditional Chinese" taken up [from aphillip]
15:32:22 [aphillip]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2013AprJun/0069.html
15:32:38 [aphillip]
JcK: asked a few folks, but haven't heard back yet
15:36:09 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/05/30-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
15:41:22 [aphillip]
action: richard: talk to bobby tung about TC-Layout req idea and report back
15:41:22 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-231 - Talk to bobby tung about TC-Layout req idea and report back [on Richard Ishida - due 2013-06-06].
15:41:36 [aphillip]
Topic: AOB?
15:42:21 [aphillip]
probable regrets next week: richard, JcK
15:43:36 [aphillip]
Topic: ITS 2.0
15:43:44 [aphillip]
felix: want to bring up
15:43:57 [aphillip]
... status section says focused on normative section for last call
15:44:09 [aphillip]
... this group provided comments on non-normative section and keeping it
15:44:21 [aphillip]
... will send a pointer out, as we are doing sone restructring
15:44:28 [aphillip]
... shouldn't change your comments
15:44:38 [aphillip]
... but the text will move around (first two sections will be different)
15:45:05 [Zakim]
-JcK
15:45:06 [Zakim]
-fsasaki
15:45:08 [Zakim]
-aphillip
15:45:10 [Zakim]
-DavidClarke
15:45:12 [aphillip]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:45:12 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/05/30-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
15:45:40 [Zakim]
-Aharon
16:35:01 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, Richard, in I18N_CoreWG()11:00AM
16:35:03 [Zakim]
I18N_CoreWG()11:00AM has ended
16:35:03 [Zakim]
Attendees were Richard, fsasaki, aphillip, Aharon, JcK, DavidClarke
17:18:25 [r12a]
r12a has joined #i18n