Venue and Logistics
The workshop program will run:
- Tuesday 23rd April from 09:30 to 17:00
- Wednesday 24th April from 09:00 to 17:00.
There is a closely related event on the evening of Tuesday 23rd at and sponsored by the ODI.
Agenda & Papers
The program committee has selected and inviteed workshop participants. If you have had a paper accepted then it is essential that you register for the event. You should have received the URL of the registration page. If not, contact Phil Archer ASAP.
Google Campus, 4-5 Bonhill Street, London EC2A 4BX
Nearest tube: Liverpool Street
From Liverpool Street Station, walk across the station concourse with the platforms on your right and exit near platform 1 through the shopping arcade (past the cheese shop etc.). As you exit the arcade, turn right and go up the steps into Broadgate Circle, keep left and go through Finsbury Avenue Square. Walk more or less straight on across Sun Street and Earl Street into Clifton Street, the near end of which is pedestrianized.
Turn left into Worship Street noting that the ODI is the in new building you didn't quite get to!
Turn right at the pub (the Blueberry Bar) and then left up Bonhill St. The Campus is on your left.
View Shoreditch in a larger map
The following hotels are all within a short distance of the workshop venue.
- Holiday Inn Express, 275 Old Street London, EC1V 9LN. From £136/night. Wi-Fi £10.95
- The Hoxton, 81 Great Eastern Street, London EC2A 3HU. From £189/night. Wi-Fi free
- Crowne Plaza Hotel, 100 Shoreditch High Street, London E1 6JQ. From £165/night. Wi-Fi £5.99/day
- Travelodge has several hotels in the area but they're getting full already and rates vary. Google Campus/the ODI are in the east end of London near Liverpool Street station, Bethnal Green, Shoreditch etc. Traveling from other parts of London is easy via the tube but may take longer than you think. This is London! Wi-Fi £10/day
The following restaurants are near Google campus and the ODI
- 1 Snowden Street, Broadgate West, London EC2A 2DQ, 020 7422 7000
- The Fox
- Fancy pub food
- Paul Street, Shoreditch, London EC2A 4LB 020 7729 5708
- The Light Bar and Restaurant
- Gastro food
- 233 Shoreditch High St, London E1 6PJ
- Curry Leaf
- Indian cuisine
- 20 City Rd, London EC1Y 2AJ
- All Bar One
- Pub food
- 20 Appold Street, London, Greater London EC2A 2AS, 020 7377 9671
- Japanese cuisine
- 40 Liverpool Street, London EC2M 7QN
- Argentinian cuisine
- 1 Bell Inn Yard, London EC3V 0BL
- Thai Thai Restaurant
- Thai cuisine
- 110 Old Street, London EC1V 9BD
- Busaba Eathai
- Thai cuisine
- 319 Old Street, London EC1V 9LE
- Pub food
- 2-4 Paul St London, Shoreditch EC2A 4JH
There is an array of amazing Vietnamese restaurants on Kingsland Road, which is a 5-10 minute walk away…
W3C gratefully acknowledges Google for hosting this workshop.