W3C

- DRAFT -

Web and TV IG - Testing TF

24 Apr 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Bin_Hu, Clarke, Kaz, Mark_Vickers, CyrilRa, Rajan, SergeySI
Regrets
Giuseppe
Chair
Clarke
Scribe
Mark_Vickers

Contents


Update on liaison letter & internal poll

Giuseppe reported that several groups are considering the poll.

<kaz> action-110?

<trackbot> ACTION-110 -- Sheau Ng to update the IG wiki with his use cases -- due 2013-04-24 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/110

Update on work in general testing group

Clarke: Testing meeting on Friday. They clarified questions. Clear plan on testing & tools. Defined financing levels.

Mark: The testing group identified the need of funding and created a proposed donation plan. They're looking for donations.

Review and edit requirements from new use cases

<Clarke> Use case Sheau 1: http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Testing/Web_%26_TV_Testing_Discussions/Browser_Synchronization

roger: Can review sheau's use cases

clarke: First use case is browser synchronization. Complex use case. Two or more sources of content - e.g. language track on phone and main stream on TV.
... possibly different CDMs on different browsers & need synch.

Bin: I think the use case makes sense.

clarke: [reading use case]
... 1. Any questions? 2. Do we feel it's valid & would add test requirements to our platform?
... My opinion is it does add test requirements. No others add browser synchronization.

bin: Agree. Testing synchronization will be valuable.

clarke: It also adds functionality to test tool by testing two browsers.
... propose we move to valid test case & include in requirements doc. Any opposed? OK.
... Next use case: Browser switching
... [reading use case]
... Would support watching video on tablet & transferring to TV, when tablet & TVs have different CDMs
... [reading use case]

<kaz> Use Case 2

clarke: I think this is relating to the previous one, except instead of running simultaneously, it's sequential.

bin: I think use case makes sense.

mark_vickers: Good use case, but transferring streams isn't supported by web platform yet.

bin: transferring streams could be an application feature, but not a platform feature.

mark_vickers: agree

clarke: So, the HTML5 feature of this and previous use case is the same.

mark_vickers: so maybe these should be rolled into one.

kaz: This could be a good use case for multimodal group.
... prehaps multimodal part of the use case needs additional testing

<scribe> ACTION: Rajan to check with Sheau on whether the two use cases are testing the same HTML5 features. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/04/24-webtv-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-111 - Check with Sheau on whether the two use cases are testing the same HTML5 features. [on Rajan Mehta - due 2013-05-01].

Other business

clarke: no other business

Next steps

<scribe> ACTION: Clarke to update the requirements doc with new requirements and place in repository. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/04/24-webtv-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-112 - Update the requirements doc with new requirements and place in repository. [on Clarke Stevens - due 2013-05-01].

clarke: question for group is when we have enough feedback from external groups?

mark_vickers: Suggest we create a document to hold results in members-only area.

kaz: should it be in wiki or HTML format?

clarke: wiki format easier

<scribe> ACTION: kaz to create members-only wiki area. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/04/24-webtv-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-113 - Create members-only wiki area. [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2013-05-01].

clarke: closes meeting

<kaz> [ adjourned ]

<Clarke> Thanks, Mark

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Rajan to check with Sheau on whether the two use cases are testing the same HTML5 features. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/04/24-webtv-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Clarke to update the requirements doc with new requirements and place in repository. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/04/24-webtv-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: kaz to create members-only wiki area. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/04/24-webtv-minutes.html#action03]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.137 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-04-25 19:46:14 $