Testing/Web & TV Testing Discussions/Browser Switching
Use Case: use case title
Submitter(s): Comcast/NBCU (Sheau Ng)
Tracker Issue ID: ISSUE-69
This use case has been incorporated into another use case, now ISSUE-67.
- Provide test requirements for stream switching from one browser, possibly with CDM, to another browser, possibly with a different CDM.
- Requirements may include HTML support of timing and synchronization of data streams, including STOP and RESUME functions.
- For example, Browser A, running CDM-A, accessing stream A. The stream is being redirected to Browser B, running CDM-B.
- To enable content stream that initially runs on one browser to be re-directed to another browser.
- The streams may be a encrypted media stream, and each browser may be using a different CDM.
- EME Testing Use Case, ISSUE-63
What needs to be standardized or what requirements does this use case add:
- Behavior of browser to hand-off the stream to another browser.