W3C

Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

23 Jan 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Addison, Richard, Davie, Norbert, Mati, Emile
Regrets
Felix
Chair
Addison Phillips
Scribe
Addison Phillips

Contents


Agenda and Minutes

Action Items

<r12a> http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

<r12a> action-169?

<trackbot> ACTION-169 -- Addison Phillips to remind everyone to comment on css3-text-decoration by next week -- due 2013-01-16 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/169

close ACTION-169

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-169 Remind everyone to comment on css3-text-decoration by next week.

<r12a> action-170?

<trackbot> ACTION-170 -- Addison Phillips to coordinate with richard regarding KLReq -- due 2013-01-16 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/170

Info Share

richard: changed tracker pages
... to show the content of emails that have been tracked
... without having to click through

<r12a> http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/212

<r12a> click on the buttons

richard: hoping to hide text from previous emails that have been top quoted
... send any suggestions on styling or other improvements

norbert: where do I file a ticket when broken?

richard: send to me
... john kleinsin will join our WG as IE

What Time Is This Meeting At? (5 minutes allocated)

The proposal is to move this meeting to Thursdays at 1600 UTC. Objections to be considered.

<scribe> ACTION: addison: separately poll for final objections to making this meeting on thursdays at 1600 utc and, if none, move the meeting [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/01/23-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-172 - Separately poll for final objections to making this meeting on thursdays at 1600 utc and, if none, move the meeting [on Addison Phillips - due 2013-01-30].

Publication of UTR#20 (10 minutes allocated)

richard: expect to get announcement that UTR#20 has been publised from the webmaster
... it has been editorially updated
... sent comments on any future version
... Martin seemed to indicate he might do some edits

norbert: did it include that document "stuck in 2007"?

richard: yes, added something

addison: need to solicit editor (might do it myself?)

Skipping the .prep stage in reviews (15 minutes allocated)

There are several proposals for improving our review process.

<r12a> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013Jan/0050.html

Richard: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013Jan/0038.html

Addison: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013Jan/0040.html

richard: indicate status of each item

<scribe> ACTION: richard: update review instruction documentation [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/01/23-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-173 - Update review instruction documentation [on Richard Ishida - due 2013-01-30].

richard: keeping .prep or no?
... prep goes to public list, not winter

addison: didn't we want to talk on winter?

richard: make link to the instructions much bigger :-)

agenda item next time: assign shepherds to all .prep containers

HTML5 issues (remainder)

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17854

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=19207

http://www.inter-locale.com/test/DateDemo.html

<etran> Hi all - etran will be disconnecting now. Have a good day.

2012-11-12 ---> Sun Nov 11 2012

12 Nov 2012 00:00:00 GMT

<scribe> ACTION: addison: write article about floating times in HTML [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/01/23-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-174 - Write article about floating times in HTML [on Addison Phillips - due 2013-01-30].

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=19207

(Martin's bug regarding validators)

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=16955

<r12a> ACTION: r12a to contact Robin Berjon about what he's doing wrt ruby extension work [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/01/23-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-175 - Contact Robin Berjon about what he's doing wrt ruby extension work [on Richard Ishida - due 2013-01-30].

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=20096

addison: think the validator sould be permitted to "squeak" if a bad byte sequence occurs in the document

"good to emit warning of badly encoded data, don't think validator should crash"

addison to add sense of WG comment

AOB?

Norbert: had ITS on agenda
... clarify position on ruby?
... ruby section should go because not implemented (plus other reasons)

addison: discuss in email

richard: okay

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: addison: separately poll for final objections to making this meeting on thursdays at 1600 utc and, if none, move the meeting [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/01/23-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: addison: write article about floating times in HTML [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/01/23-i18n-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: r12a to contact Robin Berjon about what he's doing wrt ruby extension work [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/01/23-i18n-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: richard: update review instruction documentation [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/01/23-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.137 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-01-23 17:38:56 $