See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 22 October 2012
<daveL> scribe: dF
<daveL> daveL: also Naoto, Jirka and Tadej
<daveL> documentation pubcation: http://tinyurl.com/8bfujeo
next publication date was planned for tomorrow
we aim now to have it for TPAC Lyon
daveL: reviewing changes to draft for publication
changes mainly in provenance, we have now nice looking examples
daveL; makes a call for consenus
<daveL> topic; 1.2) Test suite timeplan
daveL: the draft will be published tomorrow week
In Prague, we started collecting individual commitments to test features on categories
daveL: we will need tests for
... as soon as tools reference is completed, we will need tests for that
... need volunteers to review the testsuite
... we need to have some tests completed by Dec 15
... to see how it goes before Xmas
... we have two levels of implmentations 1) for conformance
2) use case scenarios for broader audience
omstefanov: what do we do with ruby, where there are no test commitments
<daveL> dF: is there some confusion there - old cateroeis will not be dropped
daveL: the new ones will be
dropped if not implemented
... but not the old
... but we still need to break it down for html, xml, local, and global
omstefanov: what will happen with provenance, disambiguation etc.
DomJones: we will have another
go, before we drop any categories
... we will review next week
daveL: poeple might be holding back on issues that are not quite complete yet
daveL: report from Redmond and
... generally good progress
... posted link to the mapping in progress
... XLIFF usage of ITS resembles local markup but has not quite the same inheritance etc.
... the goal is to finalize by mid Dec
Yves_: no need to add anything, good report..
daveL: who else would like to help with the mapping?
Milan: I am interested
... we discussed some with David (dF)
daveL: if you want to put your
name against some
... discussing the XLIFF mapping call timing for Friday
... agreed 4pm Irish
dF to follow up with XLIFF mapping call time
<scribe> ACTION: dF to follow up with XLIFF mapping call time [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/10/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-252 - Follow up with XLIFF mapping call time [on David Filip - due 2012-10-29].
daveL: posting link to agenda propsoed by Felix
daveL: we need to put in some
... first data categories, later in the afternoon test suite
... break out sessions for implmentations
... is the time for breakouts enough
... later an open session to discuss implementation plans brought back from break outs
dF: what is the timing for the HTML5 meeting(s)?
daveL: not sure, does not seem to
... adding into session 6 as a placeholder
<scribe> ACTION: daveL to confirm HTML5 session time(s) with Felix [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/10/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-253 - Confirm HTML5 session time(s) with Felix [on David Lewis - due 2012-10-29].
daveL: please update your participation on the agenda wiki page
<daveL> 2) Data category overview table
<daveL> scribe: tadej
daveL: sean provided the table, proposed to combine the inheritance behaviour for XML and HTML in one place
shaunm: considering also different columns for local vs. global attributes, but would make it unwieldy
daveL: something like this should be in the main body of the document, do you think it would work for that?
shaunm: all the information is already in the spec itself, so it's a repeat
daveL: alternatively, the names
of the data categories and names of attributes could be made
more generic and format agnostic, not necessaritly in camel
case (which implies XML)
... shaun, in some of the cells you had only dashes, what do they indicate?
shaunm: - is for 'doesn't
... I skipped ruby, external rule doesn't have local at all
... i'll send the global/local extended table to the list
daveL: let's change camel case simply using spaces - "locNote" to "loc note"
omstefanov: I can do the
... entityType does not have dashes, but blank
tadej: it looks like an old version, this was renamed to entityClassRef recently - it should be in the draft
<daveL> 3.1) Use of IRIs
daveL: we should be using IRIs instead of URLs.
<daveL> topic; 3.2) on/off "active" attribute for quality issue
<scribe> ACTION: Jirka to edit usages URI to IRI [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/10/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-254 - Edit usages URI to IRI [on Jirka Kosek - due 2012-10-29].
<scribe> ACTION: Yves_ to determine and correct wording for ISSUE-34 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/10/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find Yves_. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/users>.
<scribe> ACTION: Yves to determine and correct wording for ISSUE-34 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/10/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-255 - Determine and correct wording for ISSUE-34 [on Yves Savourel - due 2012-10-29].
daveL: a general issue being
around is that there are many pointers and global rules being
used, there's a proposed solution
... the solution is annotating a document in a way that a reference is static (not relative)
... Yves_ suggested removing the non-*Pointer attributes and keeping the *Pointer attributes
Yves_: not sure what the outcome of the discussion was
daveL: let's skip this point for now
daveL: there was a discussion on tool info, and people were volunteering for examples
Yves_: one conclusion was that URIs were sufficient to describe the tool, having additional info there
daveL: having an IRI pointing to something that has a schema would be one solution
Yves_: defining that schema got
complicated, so we stopped the discussion there
... therefore, Felix asked data category implementors for examples, how much info is necessary to expose
daveL: dF, do you have an example for mtConfidence at hand?
dF: in the MT case, you need to
know the platform and engine specifics, but engine specifics
may be different across platforms
... what about if the pointer doesn't need to lead anywhere? would a URN be enough?
... for mtConfidence, the examples are already there, with the necessary attributes
... however, these were not replaced by the its-tool in the spec
daveL: I propose to take Yves_'s
definition, add examples from existing data categories and sent
it around in a word file
... I can do that by friday
<scribe> ACTION: daveL to compile and circulate itsTool examples togehter with proposal text [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/10/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action06]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-256 - Compile and circulate itsTool examples togehter with proposal text [on David Lewis - due 2012-10-29].
daveL: do we need a call on
monday, given that we are meeting soom?
... I propose cancelling next week's call
omstefanov: should I be spelling out full words: "localization note" instead of "loc note"
daveL: good idea