HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

03 Feb 2011


See also: IRC log


John_Foliot, Eric_Carlson, Michael_Cooper, Janina_Sajka, Steve_Faulkner, paulc, Cynthia_Shelly, Marco_Ranon, Mike_Smith, kliehm, Rich, [IPcaller]
Laura_Carlson, Denis_Boudreau


<trackbot> Date: 03 February 2011

<MikeSmith> agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Feb/0040.html

bug triage subteam report

<MikeSmith> scribe: Marco_Ranon

we checked bugs with need info and contribuited where possible or ressigned to the reporters

in some cases we need the TF help

<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9817

MS: we need to think of a case for making detail focusable

SF: there should be a way to provide a clickable label for the disclosure widget

<MikeSmith> http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/interactive-elements.html#the-details-element

MS: this is an example of how it should work. is that clear in the specs?
... who should follow up?

<MikeSmith> http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/rendering.html#the-details-element-0

SF: RS and I disagrre on this. But I will follow up.

<MikeSmith> "The first container is expected to contain at least one line box, and that line box is expected to contain a disclosure widget (typically a triangle), horizontally positioned within the left padding of the details element. That widget is expected to allow the user to request that the details be shown or hidden."

SF: is it a priority?

MS: not actively implemented, to be checked

<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10249

MS: Ian is expecting a proposal
... we should get an implementer to comment.
... who can we ask to?

SF: I'll ping RS to check if this is still relevant

<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10249

RS: should I add more info? we can do it with a ARIA, but we don't have the full solution

MS: please discuss this with the reevant people and in the meantime add a comment to the bug.

<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10252

MS: can we expect Gregory to pick up on this?

JF: i can ping gregory

<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10713

MC: Everett is probably not going to follow up

MS: we asked Gez Lemon to folow up

MC: assign to GL to either close or provide more info


<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10938

MC: do the TF want to take this up in relation to longdesc?

MS: one comment to add to the bug could be that we are looking at this in relation with longdesc

MC: do we need to reassign it to Leif?

MS: Yes


<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=11892

MS: new bug. not a priority for the TF probably
... I can send a message to the list to alert the WG

SF: do we know how to resolve this issue between ARIA and HTML specs?
... if we wait well need to rise a LC issue

MC: no changes in bugzilla yet

media subteam

<Stevef> miksmith: note behaviour in mac for disclosure widgets is only the little triangle to take clicks

<Stevef> MikeSmith, so ability to label is important, also any control needs to be labelable full stop

JF: we are looking into a new timestamp format used a lot but not in the HTML5 radar

<Stevef> MikeSmith, and its not currently

JF: we need to deal with multi content (subtiteles, etc) which is live discussion

<JF> +Q

ARIA Mapping

SF: we need to understand what needs to go into the specs
... the API doc is in progress by I need help
... i need input from implementors

MS: anyone in TF can help? how can we help?

<Stevef> i am being skype f*cked

<paulc> Leaving for HTML WG Weekly call.

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2011/02/03 17:03:26 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/MikeSmith:/MikeSmith, /g
Found Scribe: Marco_Ranon
Inferring ScribeNick: Marco_Ranon
Default Present: John_Foliot, Eric_Carlson, Michael_Cooper, Janina_Sajka, Steve_Faulkner, paulc, Cynthia_Shelly, Marco_Ranon, Mike_Smith, kliehm, Rich, [IPcaller]
Present: John_Foliot Eric_Carlson Michael_Cooper Janina_Sajka Steve_Faulkner paulc Cynthia_Shelly Marco_Ranon Mike_Smith kliehm Rich [IPcaller]
Regrets: Laura_Carlson Denis_Boudreau
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Feb/0040.html

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 03 Feb 2011
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/02/03-html-a11y-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]