W3C Library Linked Data XG

03 Jun 2010


See also: IRC log


+1.614.764.aaaa, +1.856.528.aacc, +1.614.764.aadd, TomB?, +3539149aaee, stu, mhausenblas, [IPcaller], Felix, jodi, michaelp, antoine
Herbert, vdS
Antoine and Tom


<scribe> scribenick: mhausenblas

heya TomB

<jeff> 02Zakim, who is on the phone?01

<jeff> 02Zakim, [011.614.764.aaaa] is really me

<kai> oops

<oreste> oreste on the call

<domel> I have problem to connect

<jneubert> hi zakim, aahh is pobably me

<rsinger> the aaff is me


<edsu> antoine: do you happen to have a bird, i just heard a familiar sound from the swd telecons :-)

<edsu> :-)

antoine: hello everyone - everyone got invitation?


antoine: scribe duty will revolve, see http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Scribes and http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/Scribing.html
... the logs are public

<jodi> sorry, I think that's http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ScribeDuty

<domel> When I dial the number I hear busy signal? Could you tell me how to connect to conference?

antoine: for today, for example, see http://www.w3.org/2010/06/03-lld-minutes.html

<domel> when?

<domel> after I dial phone number?

TomB: explain mailing list and Wiki, then roll call

<domel> mhausenblas: nothing, I hear the same signal

<domel> I use a SIP phone. Maybe this is the reason?

<antoine> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/

antoine: only use public-xg-lld@w3.org

<stu> perhaps on the website the preferred list could be made more explicit, for the sake of us with limited stack space ;-)

<jodi> stu++

+1 stu

<edsu> antoine++

<scribe> ACTION: Antoine to clean up mailing list on http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/ [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/06/03-lld-minutes.html#action01]

<domel> I try but it is broken

<antoine> zakin, ack TomB

<Zakim> TomB, you wanted to comment on public-xg-lld


<jodi> agenda was sent on 2 June

<domel> I dial 0 00 44 117 370 6152 55394# (0 00 need my provider)


see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Jun/0000.html for agenda

antoine: ok, time to move on

<antoine> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/

<bvatant_> zakim IS ME

antoine: any questions re the mailing lists?
... seems not the case, so move on to Wiki

<antoine> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Main_Page

antoine: every LLD XG member should be able to edit the Wiki

<antoine> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/LLD

antoine: this second Wiki is open to the wider community
... if no questions then we do the roll call

<antoine> http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=44833&public=1

antoine: please confirm if you around and introduce you with one or two sentences
... and send an introduction to the list (public-xg-lld@w3.org)

TomB: I'm Tom, one of the 3 co-chairs of this XG, Dublin Core big boss and former SWD WG chair

Emmanuelle: I'm also a co-chair of the XG , work at the France Library

Nicolas: from INRIA/Edelweiss group

Ray: LOC, AC Rep

Alexander Haffner seems not to be around

<stu> bravo

<edsu> :-)

<edsu> mhausenblas: in one word "linkeddata"

Wolfgang Halb seems not to be around

Andrew Houghton seems not to be around

Renato Iannella not here (?)

<stu> the audio quality from antoine makes it hard to understand him and who he is calling on

Antoine: work in VU and also co-chair this XG
... work on SKOS, now also with Europeana

Fumihiro Kato: National Institute of Informatics in Japan

Laszlo Kovacs: Budapest, head of MTA SZTAKI and AC Rep

<Andras> Laszlo Kovacs is head of MTA SZTAKI DSD

Dickson Lukose from MIMOS BHD

<danbri> (what great group of people :)

Todd Matola: from OCLC

Carlo Meghini not here

<antoine> danbri++

AndrĂ¡s Micsik: from MTA SZTAKI, work with Lazslo

Guenther Neher not here

Joachim Neubert: from Germany, published a thesaurus already in linked data

Ikki Ohmuka: from NII/Japan

Michael Panzer: OCLC, DDC editor

Jon Phipps not here

Jonathan Rees: creative commons, TAG member

Felix Sasaki: Uni Potsdam, special interest in multilingual apps

Jodi Schneider: librarian in the US, now at DERI

<oreste> I'm Oreste Signore (http://www.weblab.isti.cnr.it/people/oreste/), from CNR (National Research Council) of Italy,at ISTI, located in Pisa. Presently Manager of W3C Italy and AC for CNR. I worked in the area of cultural heritage (national catalogue standard), and pilot project with Getty originating the TGN (Thesaurus of Geographic Names) and my interests are now in the Semantic Web area(mostly app

<oreste> lications) and Web accessibility. In the past, my group implemented a tailorable Z39.50 target (ARCA EU project) and participated in Aquarelle (EU, cultural heritage) project.

<danbri> antoine, quick question: do i need to join the group explicitly, or just VU (who has already joined)

<antoine> you have to ask Frank to nominate you

<fsasaki> Felix: also manager of German-Austrian W3C office, btw

<danbri> i can't see the individual joining link in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/ (if there is one)

Ross Singer: work at Talis, UK

<TomB> danbri, http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/44833/instructions

Ed Summers: work with Ray at LoC, also SWD WG and many other related things

Hideaki Takeda not here

Herbert Van De Sompel sent regrets

Bernard Vatant: from Mondeca, France, industry background, worked on SKOS, also National French Lib

<stu> I am from the 'UNreal' part of OCLC (research) and am working with colleagues at OCLC to use Linked Data for both enterprise and public-facing data on behalf of the OCLC membership

Jeff Young: also OCLC, try to re-conceptualise our APIs re Linked Data

<edsu> danbri++

Marcia Zeng: Prof at Kent State University, knowledge org systems, also ISO member, FBRB group member, co-chair DC profile group

<michaelp> Kent State

tx michaelp

Mohamed ZERGAOUI not here

Mathew, a new member (?) shows up

<kai> I am also as guest here, maybe we can just introduce us in IRC so everyone can read it

<TomB> Matthew Dovey, JISC, guest

Charter, scope, goals and deliverables

<stu> please do, kai and others

TomB: quickly walk through our goals

<kai> Kai Eckert, responsible for the linked data activities of the university library of Mannheim, Germany

TomB: need to discuss now what are we after before the summer break

<matthew> guest - Matthew Dovey (SRW/SRU/Oasis Search Web Service so a personal interest; also I work for JISC where we are funding various linked data and library innovation projects so we may have use cases)

TomB: scope is Linked Data, see http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html

(TomB explains the 4 LD principles)

<kai> Collaboration with ZBW and DNB (KIM), research projects with Heiner Stuckenschmidt, especially interested in the representation and integratiojn of automatic indexing results as linked data

TomB: re charter, see http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/charter
... we want to gather use cases, foster collaboration, identify data models and figure if/what needs to be standardised wrt LD and Libraries
... we're neutral re the follow-up activities
... what we don't want is go into detail particular vocabs or datasets
... re deliverables we want to produce a report re use cases and future activities

<jneubert> sorry to have to leave early (maybe can join in again later) - bye

TomB: everyone, please have a look at http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Topics and contribute
... assign names to topics, kick-off task forces
... we need YOUR contribution and input to organise this, take over responsibilities etc.

June telecons

three more in June, then some of us meet at LoC

<edsu> there's a meeting at the library of congress? :-)

Summer telecon schedule

<stu> more details on that meeting would be appreciated

<antoine> +1

<edsu> stu++

<michaelp> http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/alcts/confevents/upcoming/ala/ac10/linked.cfm

TomB: go to http://www.doodle.com/hvwb4fe4x2kdq3cy and flag your availability for summer
... any process-related questions
... next week, same time and same place, at least 24h before call the agenda will be sent out

[meeting adjourned]

<edsu> TomB: can you hang on the call for a moment?

<Andras> bye

<i2k> bye

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Antoine to clean up mailing list on http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/ [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/06/03-lld-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/06/03 15:02:23 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/roll call/Wiki/
Succeeded: s/this second/antoine: this second/
Succeeded: s/and SWD/and former SWD/
Succeeded: s/XXX/Kent State/
Succeeded: s/into/go into detail/
Found ScribeNick: mhausenblas
Inferring Scribes: mhausenblas
Default Present: +1.614.764.aaaa, +1.856.528.aacc, +1.614.764.aadd, TomB?, +3539149aaee, stu, mhausenblas, [IPcaller], Felix, jodi, michaelp, antoine
Present: +1.614.764.aaaa +1.856.528.aacc +1.614.764.aadd TomB? +3539149aaee stu mhausenblas [IPcaller] Felix jodi michaelp antoine
Regrets: Herbert vdS
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Jun/0000.html
Got date from IRC log name: 03 Jun 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/06/03-lld-minutes.html
People with action items: antoine

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]