W3C

- DRAFT -

HTML Weekly Teleconference

01 Apr 2010

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Regrets
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
rubys

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 01 April 2010

<scribe> scribe: rubys

<pimpbot> Title: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-01: action items, decision policy update, issue status from Paul Cotton on 2010-03-30 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from January to March 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

<Julian> Zaki, who's on the phone?

<paulc> Is the scribe ready?

yes, go for it! :-)

<Julian> was that the markup police?

<paulc> Agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Mar/0810.html

<pimpbot> Title: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-01: action items, decision policy update, issue status from Paul Cotton on 2010-03-30 (public-html@w3.org from March 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

1. Issues Pending Review

paulc: none this week

2. ACTION items due by Thu Apr 1

paulc: chairs preprocessed the actions, so no are due today.

3. ACTION items pending review

paulc: action item 176 was on Sam, and is done, and the chairs are waiting for a response

close action-176

<trackbot> ACTION-176 Respond to the TAG request on polyglot documents closed

adrian: I volunteered on list, and maciej has responded. I would like to see if there are others interested in volunteering.

<adrianba> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/0015.html

<pimpbot> Title: RE: Request for Volunteers: Polyglot spec from Adrian Bateman on 2010-04-01 (public-html@w3.org from April 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

<adrianba> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/0017.html

<pimpbot> Title: Re: Request for Volunteers: Polyglot spec from Maciej Stachowiak on 2010-04-01 (public-html@w3.org from April 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

paulc: are you looking for additional help, or determining if you need to coordinate

adrian: the latter, if we get multiple volunteers I would rather collaborate up front than merge later

4. WG Decision Policy update (Maciej)

mjs: I started on making some updates, starting with simple and relatively uncontroversial items.
... there are likely bigger changes coming up: watch for more changes, and comments are welcome at any time
... any questions?

paulc: the chairs will continue to talk about the harder issues, you will continue to edit the document, and when the time comes we will issue a call for consensus.

5. Call For Consensus that close by Apr 1

paulc: none close today

6. Call for Proposals/Counter Proposals that close by Thu Apr 1

issue-4?

<trackbot> ISSUE-4 -- HTML Versioning and DOCTYPEs -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/4

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-4 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-84?

<trackbot> ISSUE-84 -- Should spec discourage use of "legacy" doctypes? -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/84

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-84 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: both proposals and counter proposals are in place

issue-81?

<trackbot> ISSUE-81 -- Offline Web Applications section should use the term "representation" instead of "resource" -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/81

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-81 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: the TAG is late, and the chairs are negotiating a new date for this item (we are still expecting a proposal)

issue-82?

<trackbot> ISSUE-82 -- Suggested replacement for head/@profile does not provide for disambiguation -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/82

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-82 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: julian has requested a 3 week extension, and the chairs have not formally responded yet; we want to see progress on other issues before we answer

issue-86?

<trackbot> ISSUE-86 -- HTML5 relaxes Atom requirement on atom:id stability -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/86

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-86 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: julian has requested a 2 week extension, and the chairs will likely deal with this by the next chair call

issue-89?

<trackbot> ISSUE-89 -- Remove Section 4.12 Common Idioms without dedicated Elements -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/89

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-89 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-90?

<trackbot> ISSUE-90 -- Tighten the focus and allowable content in the figure element -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/90

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-90 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-91?

<trackbot> ISSUE-91 -- Re-focus and tighten definition of the aside element -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/91

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-91 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-92?

<trackbot> ISSUE-92 -- Re-write the Table section to remove extraneous material, and provide cleaner description -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/92

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-92 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-93?

<trackbot> ISSUE-93 -- Delete Details Element -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/93

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-93 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-94?

<trackbot> ISSUE-94 -- Split Web Application Core and UA specific elements into separate spec -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/94

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-94 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-95?

<trackbot> ISSUE-95 -- Remove/Discard the Hidden Attribute -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/95

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-95 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-96?

<trackbot> ISSUE-96 -- Remove/Discard the Progress Element -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/96

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-96 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-97?

<trackbot> ISSUE-97 -- Remove/Discard the Meter Element -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/97

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-97 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-100?

<trackbot> ISSUE-100 -- Remove the srcdoc attribute from the HTML5 specification -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/100

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-100 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: 15 calls for change proposals, and we received 12 out of 15. The chairs will continue negotiating.
... maciej has updated the issue-status page

<pimpbot> Title: Patial Change request proposal for Issue 74 Canvas accessibility from Richard Schwerdtfeger on 2010-03-18 (public-html@w3.org from March 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

paulc: the A11y TF has reviewed these, and may prepare counter-proposals

<Zakim> MikeSmith, you wanted to note http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Mar/0435.html is a change proposal submitted for issue 74, and wondering where this one is at on

<pimpbot> Title: Patial Change request proposal for Issue 74 Canvas accessibility from Richard Schwerdtfeger on 2010-03-18 (public-html@w3.org from March 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

<paulc> I brought this to Chairs attention during the A11y TF call

mike: Richard has prepared a partial change proposal which affects 74, and mike believes that this is ready for consideration

paulc: the co-chairs will take this up; we make make a call for counter proposals as there has been essentially no discussion

8. Items that close next week (by Thu Apr 8)

issue-56?

<trackbot> ISSUE-56 -- Bring "URLs" section/definition and IRI specification in alignment. -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/56

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-56 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-99?

<trackbot> ISSUE-99 -- meta/@scheme missing -- RAISED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/99

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-99 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-102?

<trackbot> ISSUE-102 -- Registration procedure for meta/@name -- RAISED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/102

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-102 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-104?

<trackbot> ISSUE-104 -- Clarify that mime type sniffing is optional -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/104

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-104 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: all close on April 5th (Monday)

9. New Calls for Proposals/Consensus this Week

paulc: none

10. New Calls for Counter Proposals this Week

paulc: none

11. New Issues This Week

<mjs> issue-105?

<trackbot> ISSUE-105 -- allow image maps on the canvas element -- RAISED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/105

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-105 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<mjs> issue-106?

<trackbot> ISSUE-106 -- Return the concept of Obsolete but conforming back to using obsolete and deprecated -- RAISED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/106

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-106 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: two new issues, 105 and 106
... any other "escallations" pending?

mjs: there are a number of issues with TrackerRequest tag, some are not in the proper state; we will give the authors a chance to raise the issue if they access, or otherwise we will assist with this work

paulc: I note that 105 has an A11y aspect to it; Mike can you bring it to the attention of the A11y task force.

mike: Steven is the one that raised it, and I will follow up with Steven; he will need to be the one to take the lead

12. Scribe for next meeting

<plh> regrets for next week

mjs: I will chair next wee

paulc: I will scribe

<paulc> Any other business?

<paulc> Sam is concerned about muttiple WGs using the same MIME type?

<paulc> What is the other WG?

plh: xhtml2 is not fully closed yet, and we will let them do their updates
... they are working on the xhtml1.1 documents
... at the moment we would have two groups using the same mime type

paulc: did that answer the question as to what other working group is touching the mime type?

julian: yes, but it doesn't answer the question as to whether this appropriate

plh: we will need to bring this to the coordination group
... it would send a strong message if the HTML5 working group were to state that they are the only one who should use the text/html MIME type

julian: the W3C owns the mime type; from an architectural point of view it doesn't matter unless the XHTML wg updates the mime type

paulc: is there actually a chair in place for the XHTML2 working group?

plh: yes

paulc: perhaps we can invite the co-chair to a telecon?

plh: I'm willing to take an action item to contact the chairs

paulc: that's the best way to deal with this

<scribe> ACTION: plh to contact the various chairs/co-chairs to resolve the use of the text/html mime type [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/04/01-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-178 - Contact the various chairs/co-chairs to resolve the use of the text/html mime type [on Philippe Le H├ęgaret - due 2010-04-08].

<Julian> - clarifying - a document with new info about text/html is irrelevant from a standards point of view unless the mime type registration is updated to point to it

paulc: does this deal with the agenda item?

rubys: yes

<paulc> Adjounred at :30 after the hour.

paulc: adjourned

<Julian> bye

<paulc> rssagent, generate minutes

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: plh to contact the various chairs/co-chairs to resolve the use of the text/html mime type [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/04/01-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/04/01 16:30:58 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: rubys
Inferring ScribeNick: rubys

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: Julian Laura Michael_Cooper Microsoft Mike MikeSmith Radhika_Roy Rich Sam Title aaaa adrian adrianba chairs franko html-wg janina joined mjs paulc pimpbot plh radar richardschwerdtfe rubys trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2010JanMar/0033.html

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 01 Apr 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/04/01-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: plh

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]